While My Guitar Gently Weeps

DannyW

I'll call your Peter Frampton, and raise you an Eric Clapton in Concert for George (Clapton's solo starts around 1:55 and then again at the 4:00 minute mark).

Cmp1

BANNED
I can’t believe the hillbilly didn’t mention Gilmour,,,, it think technically better than EC,,,,

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not so much into flashy, technical guitar players. Some of my favorites can convey more feeling with one note than others can with 75 notes in rapid succession. :)

Capt Quirk

My favorite/most influential guitarists as a guitar picker myself:

Hendrix. Stevie. Gary Rossington. Steve Gaines. Pete Anderson. Tony Rice. Jimmy Page. Tony Iommi. Zakk Wylde. Justin Johnson. Albert King. Duane. Dave Hlubeck. Huey Thomasson. Billy Gibbons for sure. Junior Johnson. Clarence White. Paul Barrere. Luther Perkins. Many more.
I don't know for sure who Zak Wylde is, but my sis got me some Death's Head coffee made for Zak's Heavy Metal lifestyle. It was like really weak tea. I hope his music is better than his taste in coffee.

Cmp1

BANNED
I'm not so much into flashy, technical guitar players. Some of my favorites can convey more feeling with one note than others can with 75 notes in rapid succession. :)

I dont really like Stratts,prefer Gibsons,but Gilmour is phenomenal,,,,

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I dont really like Stratts,prefer Gibsons,but Gilmour is phenomenal,,,,
They all have their place. A Telecaster is my favorite all-around electric, but they all fill their niche. I own Fenders and Gibsons both.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know for sure who Zak Wylde is, but my sis got me some Death's Head coffee made for Zak's Heavy Metal lifestyle. It was like really weak tea. I hope his music is better than his taste in coffee.
Zakk Wylde is the singer/guitarist for Black Label Society, and has also been Ozzy's guitar man for the last couple decades. I have never tried his coffee, but I like his music.

Cmp1

BANNED
They all have their place. A Telecaster is my favorite all-around electric, but they all fill their niche. I own Fenders and Gibsons both.

You guys may be in for a bunch of rain from the hurricane headed NCs way,my daughter is preparing,,,,,

Cmp1

BANNED
Can somebody post up,Mountain Time by Joe Bonamassa,takes me forever on a tablet,,,,,no bad language,,,,Thanks

Redbow

Mark Knopfler is one of my favorite artists, great guitarist..Tommy Emmanuel, Frank Vignola, Doyle Dykes just a few more that I like along with Eric Clapton, Doc Watson, Roy Clark and of course Chet Atkins..

It mostly depends on what kind of music a person likes as to who his or her favorite artist is with musical instruments..Fender strats are my favorite guitars to play, I don't mind a Gibson either..Telecasters are great guitars IMO also..