While My Guitar Gently Weeps

Cmp1

BANNED
Mark Knopfler is one of my favorite artists, great guitarist..Tommy Emmanuel, Frank Vignola, Doyle Dykes just a few more that I like along with Eric Clapton, Doc Watson, Roy Clark and of course Chet Atkins..

It mostly depends on what kind of music a person likes as to who his or her favorite artist is with musical instruments..Fender strats are my favorite guitars to play, I don't mind a Gibson either..Telecasters are great guitars IMO also..

You be careful with the storm coming,,,,

Redbow

You be careful with the storm coming,,,,
Thanks,,gonna be a bad one looks like mandatory evacuations coming by Tuesday more than likely for our area but we plan to stay put..Looks like we will most likely get the blunt of Florence..We have survived many Hurricane's over the years but this may by far be the worst we have to deal with..With God's help we will make it, if not there's a better place on the other side..

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Samantha Fish is a durn good guitar player, too.

ripplerider

No love for Allen Collins or Ed King? They helped make Lynyrd Skynyrd great. I like pretty much every guitarist yall named, some more than others. I'm glad Alvin Lee was mentioned his performance of "I'm coming home" at Woodstock is one of my favorite videos. There's a young guy named Kirk Fletcher thats going to be great if he doesnt burn out. Check out his version of "Hey Joe" if you get a chance dont have time to link it.

Dialer

There is no "best guitarist ever" in my opinion. Jimmy Page is the best Led Zeppelin guitarist, Eddie Van Halen is the best "Van Halen" guitarist, and so on. As far as I'm concerned, I think EVH is by far the most creative guitarist that ever lived. If you listen to some of the melody tracks from the early albums, especially "Take your whiskey home", and "Unchained", those melodies fascinate me. In the later years work like "Poundcake" that uses a cordless drill grounded through a stack of EVH amplifiers is frikkin' awesome!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
No love for Allen Collins or Ed King? They helped make Lynyrd Skynyrd great. I like pretty much every guitarist yall named, some more than others. I'm glad Alvin Lee was mentioned his performance of "I'm coming home" at Woodstock is one of my favorite videos. There's a young guy named Kirk Fletcher thats going to be great if he doesnt burn out. Check out his version of "Hey Joe" if you get a chance dont have time to link it.
Yeah, I liked 'em, and they were both awesome guitarists. But I liked Rossington and Gaines's style of playing better.

Greg Martin of the Kentucky HeadHunters is also a good one. I saw a Skynyrd show during the reunion tour where Ed King had broken his finger and couldn't play, and he picked Greg to fill in for him. He was rockin' it.

I saw the HeadHunters live a few years ago. They may be getting old, but those boys can sure still lay some music down.

pbradley

hard to beat the man....
<iframe width="640" height="480" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'll call your Peter Frampton, and raise you an Eric Clapton in Concert for George (Clapton's solo starts around 1:55 and then again at the 4:00 minute mark).

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Big7

The Oracle
I’ll second Joe Bonamassa,probably the best modern blues guitarist,,,,

Sorry. Derrick Trucks is the very best
player you never heard of

Check him out on YouTube.
He's grown now but played with
The Allman Brothers as early as
13 y/o.

My list is to long to post. There are many.

My favorite is the great Jimmy Page.
No doubt, the best that's ever been
and nobody can or ever will be as good
as Page!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Another one who is a great guitar player that isn't realized by most folks is Sturgill Simpson.

TomC

Gilmour……..BEST OF ALL TIME! At 2:06 and 4:29 so begins the best version of the best rock solo EVER!!!! If I won the lottery I think I’d try to figure out a way to go see him before I bought the bass boat :):)

Latest posts