white english bulldogs or ol southern white bulldogs

RabbitJones

I had one of these dogs about 25 yrs ago, no hogs at that time but used him as a trail dog on deer. Could tell you some stories but you might not believe me about him nose and ability to track and catch wounded deer. I am always interseted in a good one and will be interested to here what you learn, keep us posted.

Joe Cpt

I will keep y'all posted on whatever I find out. I left messages for Don and one other person and just waiting for calls back. I have spoken with a few other people too and heard of Carr bulldogs in Florida. After researching them a little a found afew unappealing things about them and their dogs on the internet. Any of y'all ever heard of or had any personal dealing with the folks breeding this Carr line good or bad?

UGA hunter

Joe, Don is out of town hunting this weekend. I'm sure he'll get back to you.

RUGERWARRIOR

Judging by your avatar, it looks like you found one. Good lookin dog. I had heard about these old style bulldogs but didnt know much about them. I have sat back and watched to see how this thread would play out and I am really considering one of these dogs.

Joe Cpt

My pup

My little pup in the picture is the one that I refered to in a previous post. He is 4 months old now and about 20 pounds. He is already baying a 60 pound hog in a pen. He is smart and gentle with my children. He is easy to train too, he sits, speaks and shakes hands on command already. He is a 4th generation hog dog from proven stock. They really do make good all around dogs and wish there were more of them out there. I hope for atleast 1 or 2 good females from a different line to breed him to. Joshua kennels sells a good book for $20 that has a lot of great stories about these dogs. I recommend it to anyone interested in these dogs that wants to know more about them. Some of the stories show how courageous and loyal they are and gave me chills just thinking about it.

Last edited: