Who carries a sidearm turkey hunting?

deast1988

Model 65, smith .357

bilgerat

Senior
I carry My 45 or My 9mm for self protection every where I go. You never know.
A friend of mine had his decoys attacked by a pack of 3 coyotes , he busted one with his shotgun and the all ran off. It scared the crap out of him.

mtstephens18

Not making fun here but would genuinely like to know; For what purpose?

I have run across some wild characters in the woods. I saw a story a few years ago where a guy was hunting down around Atlanta. He came out after dark and was either loading his bow or his unloaded gun into his truck when a guy came out of the bushes and robbed him at gunpoint. That story has always stuck in my head. Also I had a friend came out of the woods after hunting some national forest and had unloaded his gun to stay legal as he approached his truck. When he came up on his truck he noticed that another vehicle had pulled up beside his. Two guys were smoking dope. Best I remember he just acted like he didn't see them, but it could have went differently

deast1988

Hogs, i hunt closed locked property's but stumble up on hogs

Kawaliga

Gone but not forgotten
S&W Model 27 .357 for hogs or any critter that wants to get personal.

Bubba_1122

40 cal Glock always.

Have carried a 7mm-08 rifle couple of times if sitting on a field in case a big ol hog crosses.

pasinthrough

There are only two instances where you don't need a sidearm and as much ammo as possible...

1. If you are on fire.
2. If you are drowning.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
If a 12 ga want stop em I'm in big trouble , besides I usually have enough junk to keep up with !

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
McDonald's or a gas station , that's a different story