Who has got the best selection of used military weapons?

leoparddog

This was asked in another thread and I'd like to know too.

I've had a hankering for a 1903A3 Springfield and maybe an M1Garand, but really don't want to jump thru the DCM hoops.

Besides wandering the gun shows, does anyone stock a good selection of used military weapons?

Or have a 1903A3 Springfield in good condition (a shooter) that they'd like to sell?

:flag:

RamblinWreck

The hoops aren't that bad:

1. join the GSSA - $15 year.
2. Come to River Bend (3rd Saturday of each month) and shoot one 100 yard match - $15 plus ammo.

leoparddog

I'll google GSSA and find out what it is.

I visited River Bend a few yrs back when I owned a M1A but had to sell it.

So I no longer have a firearm to compete with, unless my scoped Rem700 would be acceptable, and I don't think it is.

I've heard that someone would lend me one to shoot with, but I'm funny about borrowing things. I won't borrow a circular saw - borrowing someone's firearm feels even more wrong. Its a hangup, I know. I have one friend who makes fun of me for it. Maybe if someone would rent me one for the shoot, I'd feel better about it.

I do have a case of British Mil 7.62 ammo de-linked that I could trade.

I don't have my DD214 - the Army 'lost' it, and since I got out it hasn't been an issue. I guess I could request a replacement and that would meet the qualification requirement.

It would be just so much easier to go to a store and look over a selection of weapons and take one home.

leoparddog

Thanks Frank,
That's a neat website. It seems they specialize in foreign weapons. I've got a hankering for a 1903A3 or an M1.

I guess its off to the DCM I go.

Muygrande

I do!!! :shoot: :fine:

Slasher

DCM isn't what it used to be...

if you are looking for something to bed, barrell , and tweak then a good deal... but what I have seen of late are re-imports that have become far cry from the older DCM garands that most have become to visualize... I've seen 2 recent CMPs in as many years... I wasn't impressed....

Take a look @ Mil-Tech. They take old military rifles and refurbush them to like new condition. About anything you want from the WWI & II era. Springfields, 1917 Enfields, Garand, and Carbines. They are pricey, but you are really buying new rifle, not one that has been stuck in a warehouse soaked in packing grease. I can't remember their web address, but google search Mil-Tech and i'm sure you can find it.

How2fish

Who has got the best selection of used military weapons? I'm thinking it's gotta be Iraq.....sorry I just couldn't help myself.... ;) :whip:

leoparddog

:bounce: Well, H2F when you go please bring me back a Mauser 98 and a 1903A3. Don't forget to keep you head down - or wrapped in a towel.

::gone:

How2fish

leoparddog9 said:
:bounce: Well, H2F when you go please bring me back a Mauser 98 and a 1903A3. Don't forget to keep you head down - or wrapped in a towel.

::gone:
Guess I had that coming !! see ya!

i do... 6 sks, 2 cetmes, 1 fal, couple of mausers 1 sporterized in 9.3 mm, 2 mosins one sporterized, one dragunov(best gun i have) ak74 and ar15 in 7.62x39 anybody interested in anything let me know...