Who makes the best box call?

Randy

I am with you Jody. I have two. There are others that are as good and certainly more expensive and more valuable but none that are any better at calling turkeys.

Dudley Do-Wrong

I MAKE THE BEST BOX CALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, I got a gem of a call from a guy named Wendell Lancaster, walnut over walnut.

captainc0x

Where can you find the scotts cutter box call? are they in a store or do you have to order from him somehow? I was about to ask about which box call is good to get.

Roger

Randy

You can get them directly from Jack Scott. The web site is in Jody's original post (see first post). He will also probably be at the Georgia Turkey Ramas. He usually is and even at the NWTF covention in February in Nashville.

Arrow3

I knew Jody was gonna say his Scott's cutter...He loves that thing....

I only have 3 boxes and I really like 2 of them...One is a Doug Camp box that is real loud and high pitched...Its not a early morning call but it has been the death of several turkeys later on in...

The other is made by our very own CAL.....Its a sweet sounding box that I won last year at the cookout....Y'all should try out some of his boxes...

Dudley Do-Wrong

If you say so. So how do I get one?

Just kidding, my box call making has come a long way and, just like play golf, it can always be better.

I have one particular box I was thinking of entering the nationals with, Alaskan yellow cedar with a purple heart lid.

I don't have one of Jack Scott's calls but his reputation has rarely been matched. One thing I really like about his calls is that he doesn't make the traditional Neil Cost style box like everyone else, he has his own thing and it works well. I've worked a few of his boxes at the turkey-rama and they scream. He doesn't live far from me and I have been intending on visiting his shop.

GAGE

GONetwork Member
Cal's calls rock, the one I have will rival either one of my Scotts! :clap:

and a heck of a price to!

Cal...put me down for another SWEET MUSIC in a month or so!~

Last edited:

Swamprat

Swamprat
2 of my favorites

Doug Camps "Unfair Advantage" series

I also have a box by Pat Strawser that is made from purpleheart and butternut that sounds great as well

short stop

Jody ---I got a Lynch Foolproof thats over 20 plus yrs old ''0ld Faithful ''-has been broken I dont know how many times --even got a new lid on it about 7 yrs ago , couldnt glue HUMPY DUMPY back toghther again that day :bounce: , she sounds like money talkin . CUTTIN is the name of the game on this one box -- SS

Burl E.

OK, let me see.....

David Mills said:
I have one particular box I was thinking of entering the nationals with, Alaskan yellow cedar with a purple heart lid.

OK, you just got to let me see it. You make some good looking pots and I don't think I have seen your boxes before.

hawglips

Banned
Billy White's White Hunter calls are nice!! The Hustlin Hen is about the best sounding all around box call I've heard.

Hal

Raven

Banned
Roger Lipscomb, out of AL, makes an absolutely wonderful box call. Personally, I don't use them because I always fall/sit on them and break them. However, one of the guys I hunt with uses them and they are pure evil for locating birds. They are especially wicked on Osceolas, he makes one with a poplar paddle and cherry sound chamber that matches the high pitch yelps of Osceola hens.

Swamprat

Swamprat
short stop said:
Jody ---I got a Lynch Foolproof thats over 20 plus yrs old ''0ld Faithful ''-has been broken I dont know how many times --even got a new lid on it about 7 yrs ago , couldnt glue HUMPY DUMPY back toghther again that day :bounce: , she sounds like money talkin . CUTTIN is the name of the game on this one box -- SS

Kinda funny but I have some great box calls but always finding myself grabbing the old Lynch just about everytime. The one I have is pretty close to 18 years old and to me it is just getting better sounding with age.

Dudley Do-Wrong

Hope this works, someway or another, either the image is supposed to appear or there should be a link to a pic of the Alaskan Yellow cedar / purpleheart box call I made.