Who remembers AMC?

NOYDB

BANNED
Old AMC had some really funky cars. And don't forget when they had Jeeps. I miss the Pacer. They were a hoot.

And while we are on memory lane, there are still a few Saturn's around. Keep an eye out, as there still a very few on the road.

I'm not a collector but I wish I could get a mint Avanti.

There are a lot of names that are gone now. I need a - "You have been passed by a Tucker" sticker on my vehicle to befuzzle and confuse the public.

sinclair1

Studebakers are the most popular car I don't care for. Not sure why just don't like them much.

NOYDB

BANNED
The best looking didn't survive and those that did were aimed at the lowest common denominator. Even the biggest sellers had their misfires.

sinclair1

The best looking didn't survive and those that did were aimed at the lowest common denominator. Even the biggest sellers had their misfires.
Trucks are pretty nice, but I would rather have a Henry J than the stude.

sinclair1

Like odd ball cars and trucks too. I would like to have a Nash and Subaru Brat in the collection. I almost had both back in the day for cheap. Neighbor collected crosleys and had some really valuable ones.

NOYDB

BANNED
Remember when you could order a Dune buggy conversion kit thru the mail?

Oh yes, the J.C. Whitney heyday. One of the few catalogs I perused cover to cover, over and over again.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
I knew a guy that had an Avanti, that thing was pretty quick.

sinclair1

some cars just vanish in short time. When I was in high school the Suzuki samurai was popular and there must have been 20 of them in the parking lot.
Today I have only seen a few in the last ten years and they were at hunt clubs and not road worthy

jollymon

My Stepmother had a White Gremlin and let me drive it only once , I think it was because she heard me tell my Uncle that it was a dog and won't get past 95mph

NOYDB

BANNED
And who can forget when Chrysler and Mitsubishi teamed up. Nothing like foreign parts under a domestic name plate.

sinclair1

My dad and I owned three SS el Caminos, sold mine in 99' his went in the 80's. Bad sell for me, the price really jumped around 2005

Patriot44

Banned
My dad and I owned three SS el Caminos, sold mine in 99' his went in the 80's. Bad sell for me, the price really jumped around 2005
In 1999, had a CSM in the Army that had a Pontiac Firebird, yea, "the one", a 1977 black tee-top Trans Am with the gold bird, MINT. Offered it to me for 11 grand. At the time, the muscle car craze hadn't fully hit yet but I've wished and thought about that offer more than a thousand times, maybe a million. The same year, a fellow soldier flew to Miami and picked up a '68 SS Camaro for 13K, all original ~65K miles.

Crazy at how a few years made a BIG difference with the muscle car craze!

Saturn is out of bidness..? :oops: