Who remembers

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
Ammo, glue, spray paint and cigarettes, all restricted. Smell the freedom from responsible parenting.

NOYDB

BANNED
At a local hardware store I went to as a elementary school kid I would buy .22 shells and BBs, model glue and spray paint along with some beef jerky. It was within riding distance from where we lived.

sinclair1

At a local hardware store I went to as a elementary school kid I would buy .22 shells and BBs, model glue and spray paint along with some beef jerky. It was within riding distance from where we lived.
I rode my bike to Kmart for pellets, CCI 22 long in the orange plastic 100 pack and some big league chew gum. I wonder how much I paid for the 100 pack of 22longs? Late 70's and I can't remember. Couldn't be much because I used my allowance for mowing the lawn to buy that stuff.

NOYDB

BANNED
I rode my bike to Kmart for pellets, CCI 22 long in the orange plastic 100 pack and some big league chew gum. I wonder how much I paid for the 100 pack of 22longs? Late 70's and I can't remember. Couldn't be much because I used my allowance for mowing the lawn to buy that stuff.

Where we lived on a side of a ridge, the bus stop was at the bottom of the hill, My mom would drop me off for the bus just after sunrise and I'd catch the bus with other kids from the area. The bus took us out to the fields and we'd pick berries all day. The berries we picked were weighed and we were paid in cash for each load.

Started with strawberries. First couple of hours were for picking. Then being young kids the old overripe berries would start flying. Nothing like getting struck in the head by a well aimed over soft ripe berry.

There was a fireworks stand next to the bus stop. Which I think I kept in business. I made sure I saved enough after buying firecrackers for a trip to the hardware store for BBs and misc.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Overripe strawberries don’t hold a candle to rotten tomatoes. 100 acre field of them and your arm gets so tired you can’t return fire. Sweet tater fields were rough when you were ten and everyone else was driving license age. Life in Wilcox county back in the late sixties on my grandfathers farm got a little rough at times.

LTZ25

Probably $1.00 . Thats also what we paid for a live alligator at Woolworths when I was around 9 or 10 in 1962 .

zedex

Gator Bait
I never got into the glue thing. Was afraid I'd glue my boogers in place.
But I sure huffed a lot of gas. Got so stoned once my passed out for hours. My father was kind enough to lay me out in the yard nekkid in the hot summer sun and I was very thoroughly sunburned, face up, that I was severely blistered. Stopped doing gas and moved on to mushroom tea and a whole new set of problems

The joys of growing up in a trashy trailer park ......