Who shoots a 300 WSM?

Muygrande

Lead Poison said:
Muy, what powders were you using with the 150 grain bullets?
W760, RL19 and Varget gave the best performance.

Lead Poison said:
Did you chronograph the velocities?
Yes we did, with W760 i'm getting 3350fps.

Lead Poison said:
I'm glad to hear that the gun didn't kick any worse than a 30-06.
Remember this is the Model 70 Coyote 24" Semi heavy barrel with beavertailed laminate stock!!

Lead Poison said:
It sounds like the 300 WSM is a very sweet, long range hunting round and capable of VERY FINE ACCURACY, to say the least.

Absolutely in my opinion! :cool:

Last edited:

bevills1

My 300 WSM shoots 0.9 MOA with 165 grain Core Lokts and is TC Encore custom from Vrigin Valley Custom Guns which is unfortunately going out of business now. Recoil in this rifle seems only little more than a 30-06, and performance on game seems identical to 300 Win Mag which I never liked due to short case neck that failed at times to hold bullet in place during feeding in bolts and semi-autos unless bullet is crimped. Recoil would be a little less yet with 150 grain loads and should be reasonably pleasant as long as less than 180 grain loads are used.

Perry Hayes

Where did you get "Core Lokts" Remington does not have one avaliable for a
300 WSM to my knowledge.I looked all day for them,Did you load them yourself?

Last edited:

Derek

I don't think they make the Rem Core Lokt for 300WSM, or at least I've never seen them anywhere. I am thinking about starting to reload myself. :fine:

TJay

Remington does not to my knowledge manufacture factory ammo for the 300 wsm, but you can buy 30 caliber core lokt bullets to reload. I believe they are in the Midway catalog/website.

Latest posts