Who's for a little state run news?

Thread starter #1
Trump in Florida this week...CNN is a voice that really seems to be a voice out there, and it's a terrible thing for our country. And we ought to start our own network and put some real news out there," he said, evoking cheers from the crowd. "They are so bad for our country. They are so bad for our country. I go out there and they say, 'Boy, the media hates your country,' and it's just a shame. It's just a shame. And we really are. We are looking at that. We should do something about it, too. Put some really talented people and get a real voice out there. Not a voice that's fake."

Who has already got a check ready to pay for state run media? If Obama had said this, half the country would be on the way to Washington with pitchforks. Given the history of state run media how could he be so tone deaf?

Trump in Florida this week...CNN is a voice that really seems to be a voice out there, and it's a terrible thing for our country. And we ought to start our own network and put some real news out there," he said, evoking cheers from the crowd. "They are so bad for our country. They are so bad for our country. I go out there and they say, 'Boy, the media hates your country,' and it's just a shame. It's just a shame. And we really are. We are looking at that. We should do something about it, too. Put some really talented people and get a real voice out there. Not a voice that's fake."

Who has already got a check ready to pay for state run media? If Obama had said this, half the country would be on the way to Washington with pitchforks. Given the history of state run media how could he be so tone deaf?
you mean like NPR?

I didn't take that to mean that he wants to set up a gooberment run media outlet. I took it to me that 'we' meant some other folks that he had discussed this issue with.

I don't see anything about a state run media.

I see Trump saying we, like minded folks with money to invest, start a network. Or maybe they could increase access to OANS, One America News Service.

CNN was started by an individual, too bad he was sleeping with a commie.

I think it is fine if he wants to discuss what he thinks would help get the facts to the public with other individuals

Thread starter #7
I think we want a press that will hold the powerful accountable. Trump has been down on fox news as off late because they stopped towing his line when they saw the evidence in the Ukrane case. That's why he wants a new outlet.

Where I am, local npr guys are knee deep in it, big budget shortfall. Layoffs. Service cuts.

I am loving it. With the slant, noticeable since the day tRump took office, I’d love to see them go belly up.

Even the local stuff is heavily slanted liberal, not as bad as their nation wide syndicated stuff, but still pretty stiff.

you mean like NPR?

I didn't take that to mean that he wants to set up a gooberment run media outlet. I took it to me that 'we' meant some other folks that he had discussed this issue with.

Thread starter #14
Where I am, local npr guys are knee deep in it, big budget shortfall. Layoffs. Service cuts.

I am loving it. With the slant, noticeable since the day tRump took office, I’d love to see them go belly up.

Even the local stuff is heavily slanted liberal, not as bad as their nation wide syndicated stuff, but still pretty stiff.
Man am I the odd duck out here. Proud listener. Yearly giver. Got the tote bag and the coffee cup. Maybe I'll make a one time donation in honor of the GON political forum this year!

Man am I the odd duck out here. Proud listener. Yearly giver. Got the tote bag and the coffee cup. Maybe I'll make a one time donation in honor of the GON political forum this year!
Throw your money away if you want.

Maybe the GON should give a big donation to the Trump campaign in your name.

I think we want a press that will hold the powerful accountable. Trump has been down on fox news as off late because they stopped towing his line when they saw the evidence in the Ukrane case. That's why he wants a new outlet.
I have not seen any evidence of that in general. He calls ALL news outlets out.

His Twitter feed is his unfiltered voice.
Considering the CROOKED MEDIA, I'm happy he has Twitter..

Are you suggesting that the current press is holding the powerful accountable, Bobby?