Why is it.........

DaddyPaul

that in Lake Butler, Florida (which is about 6 hours North of Miami) the first thing I have to do when I got to my bank's ATM is select if I want English or Espanol? I don't want to come off like a racist or anything but dang, isn't this America? Seems to me if YOU don't speak English YOU oughta have to punch in some extra keys, not me. Maybe I am just in a bad mood but for the past couple of months it has been eating at me. Now every time I go get money I get aggravated. Sorry for ranting. :banginghe

Last edited:

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
It isn't just in Florida, here in Carrollton, GA you have to do the same exact thing. There aren't many products that don't have spanish or an option for spanish on them now.

Here's another question. Why do they put braile on DRIVE-UP ATMs. If someone can't see that machine I don't believe they need to be driving the car that got them there in the first place.

DaddyPaul

I hear you Dustin! I just get aggravated sometimes at how far "we" go as Americans to make sure everybody is happy. The bank would probably get sued if they didn't have it on there. You got me on the brail unless somebody took them there but the person didn't want them to know their PIN. How would they know if they were watching them put it in or not? Again someone would sue them if it wasn't there, probably.

TurkeyCreek

Paul,
that same thing has bugged me for years. :banginghe

Hunterrs

GONetwork Member
I work a part time job at Golden Corral. I don't think more than three people in there speak english. I think a requirement for working should be at least a understanding of the english language. Drives me crazy :banginghe

gabuckeye

DaddyPaul

Be thankful you work in a prison in North fl. If you ever transfer to Central or South Fl. you better speak spanish or learn quickly!

matthewsman

Para

assistance en espanol apree numero dos.Abra la porta. Sier la porta.A Donde Vos?Como se jaammon?(all phonetically,I can't spell all I can speak)Learn it or get left behind.........It's here to stay...I've always wondered why we never go down there to take their jobs....Welcome to America,it ain't perfect but it's the best thing going.The only difference in them and us is the timing of our boats or the date of our citizenship.I can't blame them for wanting to join the winning team.Hopefully we can get them all legal and paying taxes to help support the next wave of immigrants that come in seeking religious freedom or relief from whatever persecution they are facing.

DaddyPaul

Mi llamo es Pablo! Tu llamas es Mathewsman! I never said I couldn't sling it I just don't understand why I have to choose which language I want to complete my transaction in. We are in America, right? :flag: Adios amigo. ;)

leo

Retired Woody's Mod 7/01-12/09
A friendly reminder

A copy from our Rules and Guidelines :)

"English is the language of the Forum. Posts using a language other than English must include a full and complete English translation."

Having said that I feel very strongly that "English" should be, and remain, my country's language. :flag:

leo

Toliver

assistance en espanol apree numero dos.Abra la porta. Sier la porta.A Donde Vos?Como se jaammon?(

What did you call Delton? :mad:

I agree that we shouldn't have to conform to them when they get here but matthewsman is right, you gotta know it now. There are some officers that are alive today because they understood enough to know some hombres were making plans in Spanish to kill them. And others who are not alive because they didn't. I know just enough to keep out of deep doo doo. I wish I knew more.

DaddyPaul

Amen Leo! I think the translation for my post is pretty straight forward but......My name is Paul, Your name is Mathewsman, See ya Meat! That pretty much sums up my post. I'm with Toli I think Mathewsman called you some pretty ugly names in his post though! ::huh: :speechles

H

HT2

D P........

It's all over the place.......

You ought to see what it's like in Chamblee, Georgia........

If you're an American and you go thru there.......You are the minority!!!!!! ::huh: ::huh:

matthewsman

sorry

matthewsman said:
assistance en espanol apree numero dos.Abra la porta. Sier la porta.A Donde Vos?Como se jaammon?
For assistance in spanish press number two(learned that one from automated customer service)Open the door.Close the door.Where you going?How do you call yorself(what is your name)
Like Mr. Sowell and Toli said,you may need it for work or to save your life....Who knows, if the communication with the settlers and Native Americans was better the situation would have been much improved.I don't speak much Spanish,enough to get along with the people I service in my job,and to ask about their children and families and the weather.Not bad at little social situations,but I definitely am not fluent............IMHO between their limited English and my limited Spanish we come to understandings that we never would have reached if at first glance they saw me as some Aryan looking country boy.
If we can't make their(illegal aliens)countries worth living in,at least we can get them legal,integrated,and self-supporting as fast as possible.