Why is protein pellets considered bait for turkeys and show me the proof?

gobble79

I have been running cameras on feeders with protein pellets for 5 years and have thousands of pictures and not 1 picture of turkeys eating from them or scratching right beside or under them. Where is the proof that protein pellets is bait for turkeys? I beg to differ. I have an external hard drive full of pictures from the last 5 years for my proof that the protein pellets we feed is not bait for turkeys. We have used 2 different brands of protein pellets and neither one have enticed turkeys to the feeder per my cameras and pictures.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I agree , but I have had pictures around my troughs, but I’d imagine they are looking for corn , because I often scatter some out when filling feeders

gobble79

Understand that Ant. I guess my question is does the law and regulations classify protein pellets as bait for turkeys?

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
LOL ALL Ova the place.

Seems to me this is exactly how bait snowballed for deer ONLY became legal.

Don’t recommend you trying it for turkey this year or any year soon though. Tickets are a coming to those tempted in the spring. 200yards is NOMORE. If ever but not now for sure!

gobble79

10 4 Hunter. I figured wardens would say yes, I just have not seen nor pictures of turkeys eating straight protein pellets.

NCMTNHunter

10 4 Hunter. I figured wardens would say yes, I just have not seen nor pictures of turkeys eating straight protein pellets.

We’ve never had any pictures of it either. That’s why I thought I would ask him. He said he didn’t think they would eat it either but there is no differentiation in the law for it. He said just don’t hunt near it. Which is a whole other legal discussion ?. I’m sure if there was a rule passed that protein pellets were not turkey bait feed companies would start making pellets that they would eat.

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
They sure do like the Buck muscle.

Attachments

• 14763-MMS-1548457122349-attachment1-output.jpg
    14763-MMS-1548457122349-attachment1-output.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 62

buckpasser

Heck yeah! I’ve just been hooking the tape on the front of the leg to get to 1.5 inches. Also, if you shoot low enough you can fish out a few strands to 12 inches as well.

Mark K

Banned
I’m conducting a test now...skipping the feeders and pouring straight on the ground in turkey proven areas. Maybe the deer will leave them some, lol!! Looking for double the eggs and 3” spurs! Could really care less about the beards.