Wildgame Innovations Terra Extreme 12 MP ( Latest pics start at post # 113 ) )

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Daaaaaang Stetson, you got some nice critters out there! Love the photos too! If I can get a photo of anything, I’ll post one from the $39 Tasco.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
This is the 10 mp but I had to take a screenshot to make it post. Seemed to reach out pretty good. I bought the $29 8mp, but it’s just green, not Camo like the 10s. I run 2 of the 10’s and an 8. More photos of other hunters than deer though ?

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Night time photo, not great but again it reaches out Pretty good.

rosewood

What it's come to is this........after scanning the card for pics, you must delete the file that holds all the pics from the SD card, then format the card before returning it to the camera. This ensures the cam will take pics every time.

In order to tell if your cam is taking pics and is fully functional after reinserting the SD card, cover the right side ambient light sensor, thereby tricking the camera into thinking its dark, and the bank of red LEDs will flash every time to make a hand movement in front of the cam and it takes a pic.

Late to this post, but if no one else has mentioned it. Do you power down your camera before changing the card out? I have found that some cams, if you take out the card, it causes an error on the card. If you power down the cam, swap out the card and turn back on, I haven't had an issue with SD cards since.

Rosewood

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
Late to this post, but if no one else has mentioned it. Do you power down your camera before changing the card out? I have found that some cams, if you take out the card, it causes an error on the card. If you power down the cam, swap out the card and turn back on, I haven't had an issue with SD cards since.

Rosewood

Rosewood,

I found that fact out back several years ago when I had already bought about 40-50 of the WGI cams and had probably over 30 in service at the time back then. I called WGI in Texas and asked them various questions etc about certain models of their cameras and advising them also about a problem that I had happen a few times with their cameras. The problem was IF YOU DON'T cut your camera off before you remove the current memory card, you could easily lose all of those photos.

WGI personnel advised me that the majority of brands including theirs had that same problem if you removed the card with the camera still turned on. THEY ALSO ADVISED THAT BASICALLY NONE OF THE CAMERA MANUFACTURERS WERE ADVERTISING THAT FACT ON ANY PRINTED COPIES ETC OR ON THEIR WEBSITES EITHER. (I PERSONALLY THOUGHT THAT ALL MANUFACTURERS SHOULD FURNISH THAT PRINTED INFORMATION ON THEIR CAMERA ADVERTISEMENTS AND PACKAGING.)

FROM THAT DAY FORWARD, I ALWAYS TURN OFF MY CAMERAS AND MAKE SURE THAT IT IS REALLY OFF BEFORE I REMOVE THE USED CARD OR WHEN I AM INSTALLING A NEW ONE AS WELL.

SINCE THEN, I HAVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH LOSING ANY PHOTOS AS SUCH OR SCREWING UP ANY OF MY WILDGAME CAMERA EITHER AND I HAVE PURCHASED 90 OF THEM OVER THESE YEARS AND OTHER THAN ONE MOULTRIE CAMERA THAT TURNED OUT TO BE JUNK, THAT IS THE ONLY BRAND THAT I HAVE. I AM HOPING THAT I WILL ALSO HAVE ENOUGH TO LAST ME UNTIL THE SUN HAS SET ON ME.

Back during that time period, I talked frequently with WGI personnel and they were very helpful to me and I found out back about 4 years ago that some of their personnel also view this website frequently as well.

The fact is that over several years now, I actually have so many WGI cameras that I change out the cards on a weekly or bi-weekly basis as such, I developed a system for me that makes things really easy when I am in the woods pulling the cards. I will pull from 40 plus cameras while I am on that particular trip into the woods so (I have to know which cards are USED and which ones are EMPTY). My system works great. I should mention that I have a designated camera location for every camera in the woods as such and the date of when I pulled those photos and uploaded them onto my computer. This has made keeping a huge chronological library of my photos beginning from way back around 10 years ago as well. I did lose some photos from 2010 and 2011 due to a computer crash back then BUT I still have tons of them from the past up to the current ones last pulled a few months ago. Due to my heart blockage problem it has kept me out of the woods entirely for a few months BUT I am hoping to return to the woods fairly soon and when it gets somewhat drier as well.

An example of my camera locations are: (T-C...STANDS FOR TRAIL CAMERA)

T-C ROAD, T-C FENCE, T-C FENCE-S, T-C #2, T-C IS-S, T-C #1, T-C IS-W, T-C #3 POND, T-C #4 POND, T-C GATE, ETC, ETC. ALL OF THESE ARE IN A DAILY, MONTHLY, AND YEARLY SEQUENCE THAT I CAN EASILY SCROLL BACK TO AND FIND AND LOOK AT AGAIN VERY QUICKLY.

In my case, it does require a huge amount of time for me to keep this information available on my computer, BUT I enjoy being able to go back and see what beautiful critters travel through my woods over all of these years. It does help me to keep my blood pressure lower by keeping me feeling wonderful about being with nature as such.

Unfortunately, I did NOT go hunting at all this past season but maybe next season will be better.

Last edited:

rosewood

You can also have a similar issue with the cards as well as other flash drives when removing from a computer. If the option is there, you should right click on the drive and hit eject. It reduces the chance of getting errors on the cards. Many times if I remove them without using the eject feature, when I reinsert the card in the computer, it will ask to repair the drive before starting.

Rosewood

furtaker

My only gripe with Wildgame cameras is that you can't format the card in the camera. I like them otherwise.