Will he net 135 ?

godogs57

Shoot first and ask questions later. Seriously, I could see some P&Y deductions in his net score that might keep him below 135, but if I wrapped my fingers around his beams, the last thing I'd be worrying about is "net". Leave the net back home in your boat.

Agree with others....he's finished out with respect to horn growth.

goblr77

Shoot first and ask questions later. Seriously, I could see some P&Y deductions in his net score that might keep him below 135, but if I wrapped my fingers around his beams, the last thing I'd be worrying about is "net". Leave the net back home in your boat.

Agree with others....he's finished out with respect to horn growth.

That's right, nets are for fish. That's a fine buck.

Nitram4891

Flop Thief
That's going to be some really good mass measurements even with the velvet gone due to the palmated rack. He will score much better than his tine length leads you to believe.

Slasher

It’s do I?
But if someone else gets him.... it’s woulda coulda shoulda....

However if you don’t let em grow,
You’ll never know?

hambone76

Nice buck for sure. I’d be dang proud to be able to get him.
As far as net, I’m in agreement that it belongs in the boat. Good luck this season.

kbuck1

His left g2 and g3 looks to be sharing the same base so its likely they score that g3 point as non typical. Which means it won't be added to the gross typical score but will be deducted on the net score. That alone will cost him 10 to 12 inches of bone

Not that any of that matters. I'd shoot him regardless of the score. Nice deer. Good luck

kbuck1

It's not pictures, it's simple math. There are only some things that matter. 1. Main beam length. 2. Four mass measurements. 3. Inside width. 4. The length of all points and kickers for gross

For net, you deduct any differences between the two antlers.
This isnt correct for scoring a typical rack

Tadder

Hes got a few deductions and that velvet needs to shed but he ain't bad. Not a buck I'm after though.
This is new property that I've never hunted. I've drove by it for ever and even cleaned out the owners gutters for a few years.
He said I could hunt it but I never did. Finally set out a salt lick and camera a few months ago. Him and his neighbor gets free clean outs now.
Its real close to my house. :)
Love that palmated look on that one, no matter what the tape reads . He's a shooter for me,nice one Lee.;)

Mark K

Banned
As I get older I look at what they will be rather than what they are. He WILL BE a stud next year and possibly Booner size in 2 years. He looks at most to be 3.5 and a great deer at that. Still don’t think he’d net 135, but would possibly gross it.

Hes got a few deductions and that velvet needs to shed but he ain't bad. Not a buck I'm after though.
This is new property that I've never hunted. I've drove by it for ever and even cleaned out the owners gutters for a few years.
He said I could hunt it but I never did. Finally set out a salt lick and camera a few months ago. Him and his neighbor gets free clean outs now.
Its real close to my house. :)