WIll you know anybody?

Randy

OK, here is another question for you guys. Will you know anybody in Heaven? I always hear people say they will wait for you in Heaven or they will see you in Heaven but I don't think so. I personally don't believe you will. In fact I think we will be so focused on God that we won't even notice anything or anybody around us. I know the Bible talks about streets of gold and all but what is gold to God? It is a worldly material and will mean nothing in Heaven. I think that is just man's way of trying to describe how wonderful Heaven will be. I don't think there will be gold, hunting, or any worldly thing. There will only be God and that in itself will be enough.

Anybody?

redwards

I only know what the Bible says...

1 Corinthians 13
11 When I was a child, I used to speak like a child, think like a child, reason like a child; when I became a man, I did away with childish things.
12 For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face; now I know in part, but then I will know fully just as I also (3) have been fully known.
13 But now faith, hope, love, abide these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Ref (3):1 Corinthians 8
3 but if anyone loves God, he (1) is known by Him.

Last edited:

gordon 2

Phylosophy

Randy, in order that there be only God, there must be an object comtemplating God. If God wanted only God, he would not have nurtured man into his spirit.

So in heaven I'm looking forward to meet grandma Kate and Grandma Delia. On that beautiful shore I look forward to meet, Oh Glad day, all those dear to God. I also look forward to a little rattle snake hunting, a walk, with Vernon Holt and if Paul is around he can come along also. :D

I believe I have my conviction from my understanding of what King David prayed for. He loved God so much in his life that he prayed that he would raise up into his flesh so that he would love God , with it, even more. I'm with David. I find it hard to know myself other than a work of clay. My I raise up my physical hands in heaven as a testimony that God's word, once again, was fulfilled. See you there Randy. :D

Last edited:

Todd E

My thoughts on your main question..........(will you recognize anyone in Heaven).

First and foremost Jesus tells us(as accounted in both Matthew and Luke, as He was questioned by the Sadducess) that it is better to know God's power than to know what Heaven will be like. We learn for succeding scripture, that a Christian husband and wife will not know each other in Heaven as such. That doesn't mean that they won't know each other....just not as husband and wife. In looking at statements Jesus made at The Passover and in other scriptures, it is my feeling that we will be able to recognize others in Heaven. Mount of Transfiguration for ex,......Moses and Elijah had already passed. They appeared talking with Jesus.... and Peter, James, and John were able to recognize them. Further study......1 Thess 4.......Paul offers ecouragement with how comfort comes from the prospect of reunion. What comfort is there in Heaven if we can't recognize anyone? We will be able to renew fellowship in Heaven with those that we have known.

Heaven will be MORE than we could ever imagine. I'm not expecting to find any wordly things there ;) That includes my hunting. It and all the rest will pass....and I'll move on to much better things to fully fill my time with \O/ ::;

Last edited:

mpowell

interesting take, randy. i believe we will be reunited with our loved ones in heaven. i think that's part of our faith in God is that those that are believers will all be together in heaven to share everlasting life.

Jeff Phillips

I sure hope my Ginny is going to know me and me her when I get there. I believe we will be together again forever :clap: :clap:

Howard Roark

Retired Moderator
There is no sadness in heaven. If you know people in heaven you will know who is not there therefore you will fill sadness.

I would like to spend eternity with my wife in heaven however I believe the bible directly addresses marage in heaven however in my ignorance I can not recall the reference.

I do believe when we come into the awsome presence of almighty God we will not be able to focus on anything but worship.

Dudley Do-Wrong

I don't know and I don't recall anywhere in Scripture that provides a clear explanation. What I do no is that Heaven will be so wonderful that it really won't matter.

PWalls

Here on earth, we have specific loves. I love my wife more than the woman at the cash register in WalMart. I love my kids more than the other ones at their school.

However, when we get to Heaven, I think we will know and love everyone equally and we will all bask in God's presence. I don't think we will love one being more than another in God's presence. Mainly because God's love is perfect and a perfect love has no limitations.