Windows OS !!!

Argent11

Dang, after getting on Windows again after 18 years of using Linux and Apple.
Windows seems as primitive as a stone axe! Virus and malware bait, with Mac
or Linux I haven't bought a virus program in 18 years.

Android on your phone is nothing more than a Linux step child. So your already
there you would pick up on Apple in one afternoon.

NOYDB

BANNED
Windows is DOS based. It's really old.

However the more they get away from DOS, the more messed up it gets.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Dang, after getting on Windows again after 18 years of using Linux and Apple.
Windows seems as primitive as a stone axe! Virus and malware bait, with Mac
or Linux I haven't bought a virus program in 18 years.

Android on your phone is nothing more than a Linux step child. So your already
there you would pick up on Apple in one afternoon.

Windows 10 is pretty nice, actually. I think you'll get used to it. Just spend a little time to tweak it to your liking. And I'll agree that Macs are probably more secure, but don't think for one minute they aren't susceptible to viruses and all the other goodies you hear us Windows users getting. Nothing is fool-proof. ;)

Argent11

Yeah, there was a bug attacking Linux a couple of years ago. I never got it but I know some of those who did. I've never gotten anything
on Apple but I'm sure that something is probably out there.

Safari had some glitches for awhile there on the iPads. But an update fixed that, or I hope it did.

Argent11

Windows is DOS based. It's really old.

However the more they get away from DOS, the more messed up it gets.

Apple customer service is a lot better than Microsoft from what I hear. Or they have been with us. At least you get some computer geek here in the states with Apple and not some jerk in India.

The mtn man

A lot of the larger corporations that supply technicians with some sort of device have steered clear of windows, I know my employer now give their 20k or so techs android tablets. I am a data tech. Windows 10 causes some fairly bad issues, the biggest issue I see everyday is when the windows 10 device basically hogs a consumer's bandwidth. Say if you have 10mbps, when your windows 10 device is connected to the dynamic ip, you might only be left with 50-100k. I see it every day, there is suppose to be some sort of fix, but I have yet to see it fix anything yet, they don't all do it though.

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB
I use Windows 2-

-Every 2 years, smash the hard drive and start over.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
A lot of the larger corporations that supply technicians with some sort of device have steered clear of windows, I know my employer now give their 20k or so techs android tablets. I am a data tech. Windows 10 causes some fairly bad issues, the biggest issue I see everyday is when the windows 10 device basically hogs a consumer's bandwidth. Say if you have 10mbps, when your windows 10 device is connected to the dynamic ip, you might only be left with 50-100k. I see it every day, there is suppose to be some sort of fix, but I have yet to see it fix anything yet, they don't all do it though.
Hopefully this will be helpful to y'all, in fact, a good read for all of you using Windows 10. https://www.howtogeek.com/224981/ho...ading-updates-to-other-pcs-over-the-internet/

Argent11

Halliburton no longer uses Windows for the same problems. Neither does Chevron.