Wing Bone Calls

Gadget

Anyone have any luck getting a wing bone to sound good........consistently!!

I just bought one last week, been sucking on that thing till my lips hurt. Once in while I get a decent series of yelps, but nothing great and not often!

Last edited:

Nitro

Banned
I looked in my journal- 8 longbeards called in and killed by me with a wingbone or other suction trumpet call.

One tip- you must use one or both hands to make a sound chamber to control the air intake.

It takes more practice to competently run a suction call than any other. Stick with it. You will be surprised at the sounds you can make. I can make every turkey call but a purr with mine. (including a Gobble if necessary)

I have a Frank Cox trumpet that is going to be my go to call this year. They sound unique and take great skill to utilize.

Wingbone calls are probably among the oldest game calls known to man.

Gadget

agarr said:
I looked in my journal- 8 longbeards called in and killed by me with a wingbone or other suction trumpet call.

Impressive...............!

Thanks for the tips, I was already using my hands as a sound chamber though.

Is it Wingbone or Wing Bone?? I see both???

Also I see Trumpets called Yelpers most of the time and sometimes called Wingbones ??? Is there much difference in the sound of a classic wingbone compared to the modern trumpets with wood horns and various type mouth pieces such as copper, reed, bone, ivory........etc, etc.

I heard the best sounding trumpet type call is one with a wood horn and a true bone mouth piece.