wireless internet question

Woodsong

I bought my wife a wireless internet router and card to install in our laptop so that she can surf the net or send emails from the living room, etc. when the kids are around and she can't come up to the computer. Does anyone know anything about these??
Can she use the wireless connection at the same time I am on the dsl desktop and if so can we both view different web pages at the same time or are they tied together so that only one user can be on it at once??? I'd hate to never be able to visit Woody's b/c she is shopping online!!! :D

NGaHunter

Wireless

If you got one like my NetGear Router. I have my DSL Modem pluged into the router and my desktop also plugged into my router and can use my laptop wireless and Desktop at the same time.

GeauxLSU

Paralled universes...

Too funny Woodsong. I bought the same thing for my wife to use upstairs on a different PC. I can't finish the install cuz I need to upgrade the OS on that PC upstairs, but to answer your question, yes, the PCs will be independent.
FYI - After contacted earthlink to ask a question about my account, they informed me I needed to get their 'home networking service' since multiple PCs would be hooked up. Truth is, they'll rarely get used simultaneously so I won't be paying the extra $10 a month for that. If they push the issue, I'll switch even though I've had them for over 10 years!
That's absurd, it's like the cable company trying to charge you for every TV you have hooked up, even if they don't have a box (actually, not exactly but you get my point.)
I've connected the router (and am using it right now) so the install is "idiot proof". Good luck... :p
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

Woodsong

ha! That's funny phil. If you win the lottery or if your wife got you a 150 acre hunting spread for Christmas, CALL ME on my cell phone so that I will know what to expect as I open my gifts! :D

She has been on me for a long time to get this for her so she is gonna be happy!!!

cmahunter

Wireless

One more problem that is encountered is your cordless phone. They sometimes use the same frequency. 2.4ghz.... Get an older 900mhz phone...

GeauxLSU

Woodsong said:
CALL ME on my cell phone so that I will know what to expect as I open my gifts! :D
Looks like you're getting a digital game cam and a bunch of cool LSU stuff! :clap: ;) :p
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil