Wireless soundbar/surround sound...

davel

Is there a true wireless soundbar with subwoofer and speakers available. I look it up and say there are wireless soundbars but then they say it comes with an hdmi cable. The soundbar will sit below my tv on the wall and I don't want a cable showing.
Is there such a thing? Suggestions? It seems the 5.1 is the way to go but I'm clueless about audio stuff.
Thanks for any help.

sinclair1

Is there a true wireless soundbar with subwoofer and speakers available. I look it up and say there are wireless soundbars but then they say it comes with an hdmi cable. The soundbar will sit below my tv on the wall and I don't want a cable showing.
Is there such a thing? Suggestions? It seems the 5.1 is the way to go but I'm clueless about audio stuff.
Thanks for any help.
We just updated our wired Bose surround sound to a cordless.

Let me get you the model if you plan on a Bose. It’s trash, it does have the infrared cable go to it so you would see that if your inputs are not hidden.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
We use a 16inch Bose with out tv’s. The only wire is the power.

It’s Bluetooth, tv connects. I put a receptacle behind the tv so it’s very minimal wire showing

transfixer

Thanks for any help.

What TV do you have ? I have a Roku tv and there are wireless speakers and soundbar available for it , I have the two speakers but have not gotten the soundbar , and while it may not be true surround sound, they more than fill my living room with sound

K80Shooter

1st you have to have a power wire for the sound bar.

I do have mine hooked up with a hdmi from the soundbar to the tv as I went with the eARC route which in my opinion had better sound and was the preferred way by Samsung. There are no wires going from the soundbar to any speakers, but each speaker has to have a power cord/110 volt.

There is however an option for both bluetooth and wifi but I do not know what kind of sound you will get that way when it comes to both the high's and low's.

Mine is a Samsung HW-Q990B, not cheap by any means.

davel

What TV do you have ? I have a Roku tv and there are wireless speakers and soundbar available for it , I have the two speakers but have not gotten the soundbar , and while it may not be true surround sound, they more than fill my living room with sound
TCL

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
1st you have to have a power wire for the sound bar.

I do have mine hooked up with a hdmi from the soundbar to the tv as I went with the eARC route which in my opinion had better sound and was the preferred way by Samsung. There are no wires going from the soundbar to any speakers, but each speaker has to have a power cord/110 volt.

There is however an option for both bluetooth and wifi but I do not know what kind of sound you will get that way when it comes to both the high's and low's.

Mine is a Samsung HW-Q990B, not cheap by any means.
Yup. Only other option for completely wireless are the speakers that require charging.

I used one in my shop and wasn’t happy with it. Batteries die too quickly. When it got to the point that it had to be on charge all the time I trashed it.