Without Holiness?

ronpasley

Hebrews 12:14

Make every effort to live in peace with all men and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord

:crazy: holy, wow

Who is not going to see the Lord?

hummerpoo

Gone but not forgotten

Make every effort to live in peace with all men and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord

I may have something to say...when I get off my knees.

StriperAddict

In context bro... in context!

WHO is your holiness??

It's not about all that 'religious' self effort, it's Christ's life lived through you. It's a dead man come to life because He lives. It's a ressurection of His will be done, not ours, and holiness because HE is holy, and we belong to Him by faith.

Deep breath, shackles off, praising Him for the burden of the exhausting 'religious' life lifted off in His grace and mercy.

I don't know about you, but I feel better already !

formula1

Daily Bible Verse Organizer
Re:

StriperAddict is dead on.

I have to be Spirit aware and walking with Jesus, then the Holy Spirit can live through me the life of Holiness. I am so glad I don't have to do it on my own!

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod
StriperAddict is dead on.

I have to be Spirit aware and walking with Jesus, then the Holy Spirit can live through me the life of Holiness. I am so glad I don't have to do it on my own!

Right on.
Certainly Christ and the Spirit are involved, but that doesn't let anyone off the hook.
"Be Ye Holy" is a statement made to those of us who've been washed by the blood of Jesus.
The inference is for us to live holy.

apoint

Tougher to do, than said. We all fall short of Holiness as God would have us be holy.

christianhunter

We are Holy,by the blood of JESUS alone.HE is our Advocate,with THE FATHER.If we have not called on HIM,we are dead in our flesh,already.HIS Holiness,and our Salvation makes us Holy in The Eyes of THE FATHER.There is nothing,that a man could ever do to be Holy,but give his life to JESUS.

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod
1 Peter 1:15
but like the Holy One who called you, be holy yourselves also in all your behavior;

Context:
1Peter 1:13
Therefore, prepare your minds for action, keep sober in spirit, fix your hope completely on the grace to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ.
14As obedient children, do not be conformed to the former lusts which were yours in your ignorance, but like the Holy One who called you, be holy yourselves also in all your behavior; because it is written, "YOU SHALL BE HOLY, FOR I AM HOLY."
17If you address as Father the One who impartially judges according to each one's work, conduct yourselves in fear during the time of your stay on earth;

christianhunter

1 Peter 1:15
but like the Holy One who called you, be holy yourselves also in all your behavior;

Context:
1Peter 1:13
Therefore, prepare your minds for action, keep sober in spirit, fix your hope completely on the grace to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ.
14As obedient children, do not be conformed to the former lusts which were yours in your ignorance, but like the Holy One who called you, be holy yourselves also in all your behavior; because it is written, "YOU SHALL BE HOLY, FOR I AM HOLY."
17If you address as Father the One who impartially judges according to each one's work, conduct yourselves in fear during the time of your stay on earth;

My Pastor friend and Brother,you just do not realize, just how close to the same page we are on.:p
It is our fear of THE LORD,and our obedience,which makes us strive to be Holy.We fail daily,but yet, we keep trying.The angels were created Holy,yet a third of them fell with satan.We choose daily,who we will follow,THE LORD or the flesh.We are in agreement,it is just this typed word,which does not always convey what we are really trying to say.;)

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod
My Pastor friend and Brother,you just do not realize, just how close to the same page we are on.:p
It is our fear of THE LORD,and our obedience,which makes us strive to be Holy.We fail daily,but yet, we keep trying.The angels were created Holy,yet a third of them fell with satan.We choose daily,who we will follow,THE LORD or the flesh.We are in agreement,it is just this typed word,which does not always convey what we are really trying to say.;)

Right on..... Neither of us will ever be able to create holiness.

apoint

Right on..... Neither of us will ever be able to create holiness.

EXACTLY:cool: Just wait till I get my glorified body though.
I may not be holy but my wife thinks Im perfect;)