Wma’s opening sept 9th?

nmorgan83

Hey this is just a question I’m planning a trip for opening weekend and I know season opens sept 8th but every wma I’ve looked at is opening sept 9th is this due to the site not being updated yet or is this something new?

Long Cut

I’m going to assume it’s a type, generally most WMA’s open that Saturday.

Unless they’re trying to keep hunter #’s down to reduce competition among Dove hunters...?

My only guess as to why it would be that Sunday...

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
Just once in my lifetime I’d like to go and not hear those thousand gun shots on the opening morning of bow deer season. Why you gotta pick that morning at daylight to go to the range or hunt doves?

OmenHonkey

I Want Fancy Words TOO !
I bet your looking at last years dates.. 1st day off Bow season starts the 8th this year last year i think it was the 9th.

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
Just for once I would like to not have frightened deer run through my dove field because someone missed
lol It wasn’t me I’ve never been able to see a deer opening morning much less miss at it. I’ll do better the next week.
Not a big deal I’ve learned to expect a boring day counting shots. I’ll be quieter going in this time so as to not spook your birds. Sorry.

HunterJoe24

lol It wasn’t me I’ve never been able to see a deer opening morning much less miss at it. I’ll do better the next week.
Not a big deal I’ve learned to expect a boring day counting shots. I’ll be quieter going in this time so as to not spook your birds. Sorry.

I've actually never had problems with hearing a bunch of shooting opening day. I think most people get their dove hunting in on labor day weekend

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
I think it’s range shooters sighting in rifles rather than any shotguns. None the less they always start early at the crack of dawn that morning no matter where.

Long Cut

The best is when you’re on a dove field an ol boy decides to hang his climber 50yards off of the dove field that everybody is on. Then yells when guys aim or shoot in his direction...