WMA results for Sheffield and Paulding Forest

Thread starter #1
After looking at the harvest reports, it doesn't seem like a lot of deer have been taken from either Sheffield or Paulding Forest this bow season. Is this due to lack of deer or lack of hunters? I've seen tracks all throughout Sheffield and parts of Paulding Forest. Just looking for someone else's opinion.

EDH

My son and I have been to PAULDING FOREST twice. He saw one on opening morning and I saw two coyotes the next weekend.
We used to do pretty good out there but it seems like the sightings have been getting fewer and fewer over the last couple of years.

Thread starter #3
My son and I have been to PAULDING FOREST twice. He saw one on opening morning and I saw two coyotes the next weekend.
We used to do pretty good out there but it seems like the sightings have been getting fewer and fewer over the last couple of years.
I've saw plenty in the evening on the surrounding land outside the Lee Rd entrance to Sheffield. One field had about 8 does in it. I am sure they are around there. My son and I are going to hit it pretty heavy this weekend hoping to get some meat for the freezer. Thanks EDH for the reply.

I can only speak about the northern part of PF,around brasswell mt rd..Up until 4-5 years ago the planted pines had not been thinned and created a pine desert in them,concentrating the deer to the hardwoods to feed.
Then the dnr thinned and burned the pines causing an explosion in browse thus allowing the deer to spread out more.You should drive out old blue car body road and see how much they've thinned.

I have slowed down hunting Sheffield due to bad knees, I have found more bucks this year on my cameras on OF than in the last 3 yrs. It would be nice if they would separate a section for archery only on PF. Good luck .