Woodland Case

Bow Only

Here is a case I haven't shown. I know it looks similar to the table and another case I have, but what can I say, I like the circular design. All of these points are from the same site. It was a large Woodland site that had two mounds and had lithic scatter over 5 acres. That is a huge site! It was between Kolomoki and the coast along a spring fed waterway that I always assumed it was along an established trade route to the gulf. This site is now in pine trees and is where I spread some of my Dad's ashes. He loved that site as much as I did.

Attachments

• DSC00473.JPG
    DSC00473.JPG
    142.8 KB · Views: 68

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
That's a lot of looking down and time spent. A real link with the past,well done.

Bow Only

That's a lot of looking down and time spent. A real link with the past,well done.
We spent a lot of time at that site, but in reality, we could have found that case in just 3 trips. If we ever found less than 20 whole points, we considered it a bad day. Thirty to forty was more of the norm. For every whole point we would find, we'd find at least one broken one. I kept the broken ones too and even matched a few of them together over the years.

walkinboss01

Super nice frame. Congrats