Woodstock

Thread starter #1
Somebody ask me today if I remember Woodstock because tomorrow is the 50 year anniversary of the first day .
I gave the guy a stern look and I told him that the only Woodstock I remember was attached to my M14 and I told him my platoon Sargent would let me go any way.
Not all of us were hippies.

Patriot44

Hippie chicks are cool and fun for a night, but I can't stand em in general. Something about growing up so fast that from 18-21, you go from kid to man quick, fast and in a hurry when Uncle Sam gets a hold of you.:bounce:

Cmp1

Swamp Yankee OABA Recipient
There was one up here too,,,,less well known,,,,200,000 attendees,,,,1970,,,,

Atlanta Pop Festival in Byron Ga a year later (1970) was its own Woodstock. Hendrix was there at the old racetrack and played his famous Star Spangled Banner at midnight- on July 4th. Unknown to him beforehand, they shot off fireworks. Scared the man to death.
No really but he did die a month or so later.

Goggle the pop festival if you never heard of it.

I was OK with the no bra look...the hairy armpits, not so much!
At the Singapore American School where I went they had students from (per them) 26 different countries. The girls from the European countries did not shave. Any where. I don't remember the oriental girls being concern by that either.

MudDucker

Staff member
Whatcha got against sex, drugs and rock in roll. I've been a hippie chick fan a time or two or three.

What could go wrong ????

Are they done cleaning up from the last one ?????

Atlanta Pop Festival in Byron Ga a year later (1970) was its own Woodstock. Hendrix was there at the old racetrack and played his famous Star Spangled Banner at midnight- on July 4th. Unknown to him beforehand, they shot off fireworks. Scared the man to death.

Had a friend down in Moultrie that had the bright idea to haul a truck load of watermelons up there and make some quick cash. By the time he got out of there, they had stole every melon on that truck, and he did not get a penny out of the deal. Peace and love was fine, unless you had to fight for it, or pay for it.

Here was the one before that one about 5 mins from where I live now @ the AMS.

I remember we came up here from NOLA that Summer visiting my Mamaw and Papaw and her telling us, “Them Hippies was down there swimmin’ in our pond and walk-in up and down the road for days”. :bounce:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlanta_International_Pop_Festival_(1969)

Cmp1

Swamp Yankee OABA Recipient