Woody, Jeff and Mike....

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
I haven't been here but 9 years, but does anyone remember having to sign on with your GON magazine subscription # or somthing. H22 does. Back in the dial up days.
Not sure if out of respect or habit... but I still go to the GON home page first then to the forum.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
I hate I missed the early days but I was not in The State back them. I joined 9 years ago, and read for quite a while before that. I think Mr woody recognized a need and did a tremendous of meeting it. Nothing like reading back on some of the older threads. People would stir a pot in a heartbeat back then, and a Mod would say they needed to be quite for a while

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I hate I missed the early days but I was not in The State back them. I joined 9 years ago, and read for quite a while before that. I think Mr woody recognized a need and did a tremendous of meeting it. Nothing like reading back on some of the older threads. People would stir a pot in a heartbeat back then, and a Mod would say they needed to be quite for a while
yep. If memory serves they had one mean old mod back then who didn’t mind rapping someone’s knuckles if they deserved it. :bounce::bounce::bounce:

Last edited:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Much respect and thanks to those who got this place going. This is the best place on the internet IMO, and one of the few web forums that is still going strong with lots of activity and traffic. I have belonged to a lot of message boards over the years, and have seen them mostly die a slow death due to Facebook and other social media platforms. Woody's keeps going strong. I'm on registrations this month, and there are anywhere from 15 to 25 new members still joining every single day.

Big7

The Oracle
Not sure if out of respect or habit... but I still go to the GON home page first then to the forum.

Off topic a little.

Everyone should hit all the home pages they like

That keeps your interests at or closer to the top of the search engines.

I had to show a shop owner how that works.
Makes sence tho if you think about it. A "hit" is a hit on any page. Even yours or your company's page. The goal is to stay at the top. ?

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
Sure was. That was when GON had its original thing we called the “Web Board”. It died of equipment problems and Woody started this one.
Hornet22 said you would remember. That's how long he's been on. He just doesn't post a lot. He talked me into joining. :rockon:

Last edited:

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
yep. If memory serves they had one mean old mod back then who didn’t mind rapping someone’s knuckles if they deserved it. :bounce::bounce::bounce:

Man we got called a lot of bad names :p

But here we are 18 years later kicking and screaming like always

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member

shotgun

I remember well the good old days. I had the pleasure of meeting Woody in Augusta as he deer hunted on the Savannah RIVER Swamp.