Woody's 2021 College Football Pick'ems Rules and Donations Needed Thread

rhbama3

Administrator
Staff member
First off, I'm sorry for the tardiness on getting the ball rolling on this.
Covid sucks. I haven't seen this kind of drain on hospital resources and personnel since AIDS hit in the early 80's. There are very few people who haven't been affected in some way by this terrible pandemic. We are now getting another spike in covid cases over the last two months and long days, callbacks, and frustration have left most hospital personnel exhausted. I just want to sleep most of the time and spend most weekends to tired to fish or do much. Anyway, I hope you and yours get through it with minimal effects.
I'd like to thank Robert( gobbleinwoods) for getting most of the hard work done without me. It's all my fault for the procrastination and not slugging two cups of coffee and getting on the puter.

As in years past, we are grateful for any donations toward a prize package for either the Regular season or bowl season pick'ems winner. If you would like to contribute, please post to this thread what your donation is and whether its for Regular or Bowl season winners. If you posted a prize somewhere else please post it to this thread and I'll add it. Thank you so much for your patience and generosity.
Yeti cup. Bullgator

BPS gift card. Elfiii

Browning Slayer. $50 BPS/Cabelas card

Madsnooker. $25 BPS/Cabelas card

Chris 195 7/8. $25 gift card

bilgerat. $25 gift card and paracord

rhbama3. crappie/bream jigs, paracord, and jerky

Cool Hand Luke. $25 gift card BPS/Cabelas

Treemanjohn. Box of 40cal and knife

Doboy Dawg. Pocket knife

Gobbleinwoods wrote the following and i tried to tweak it some. If i messed up somewhere, let me know.
Greetings to college football fans!

The College Pick’ems have finally predicted to start the weekend of August 28-Sept 4
after weeks of speculation. Some games are still to be TBD but lots are already scheduled. It is time to see if your find the crystal ball, lucky coin, internet guru, stats page, or just plain guessing skills are good to go. Some will wait to see what others have picked while others jump early so as not to forget to enter every week. Entering every week is so important to keep pace with the leaders.
With the transferring of players, new coaches at schools, chest thumping by alums (sidewalk and others), and surprises by the cupcakes the first couple weeks it will be a wild first few weeks. There are some top 25 preseason schools with match ups the first week and maybe the biggest being UGA vs. Clemson.

There is a prize list but the Donations are not as impressive as have been in the past so if you want to donate, we’d love to add your name to the list! But do we really put ourselves through this agony for the prize? NO, it is for bragging rights for 38 weeks until the next year’s pick’em.
Gobbleinwoods has agreed to run the score spread sheet again this year. Rhbama3 is working on the schedule.

Da Rules:
-The College Pick’ems is a FREE contest open to any Woody’s Campfire Forums member.
-The regular season is from week one to the END of the conference championships. It has run for 14 or 15 weeks the last four years.
-The Bowl season, if there is one, will begin will all contestants starting back at zero and goes to the end of the college football bowl season.
-There will be a total of about 10 games chosen for each week of the regular season. An effort will be made to choose games with the most following on this forum, but better match ups will also be included especially when those cupcakes are up against a powerhouse.
-Picks added after a game kickoff count as a loss or no score so make sure you get them in before the start. Often there will be Thursday and Friday games so check early in the week. If you edit your thread after the first game of a set has started, please PM the contest administrators so you don’t lose credit. Please include the reason.
-PLEASE use copy and paste of the schedule and highlight the team you pick. Also, use red as your pick color or at least use a color that is easily visible.
-Be aware that when there are Thursday or Friday games an effort will be made to date those games.
So, good luck this year and if a mistake is made somewhere, just PM gobbleinwoods or another contest administrator know so it can be corrected.

Avoid the virus and let the trash talk begin.

Last edited:

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
Posted in the signup thread the following made offers for prizes. If there is a change let me know so I can edit.

Yeti cup. Bullgator

BPS gift card. Elfiii

Browning Slayer. $50 BPS/Cabelas card

Madsnooker. $25 BPS/Cabelas card

Chris 195 7/8. $25 gift card for regular and one for bowl games!!

bilgerat. $25 gift card and paracord

rhbama3. crappie/bream jigs, paracord, and jerky

Cool Hand Luke. $25 gift card BPS/Cabelas

Treemanjohn. Box of 40cal and knife

Doboy Dawg. Pocket knife

ddgarcia. 2 5pound bacon assortments. 1 for each contest. Honoring kydawg

Last edited:

Madsnooker

Thanks to you guys for putting this together. I know it's alot of work.

Rhbama3, I feel for you that work in the medical field. Thanks for what you do.
I'm home fighting covid now with my wife. It sucks but think we are over the hump.

Just ready for some football!!

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
First off, I'm sorry for the tardiness on getting the ball rolling on this.
Covid sucks. I haven't seen this kind of drain on hospital resources and personnel since AIDS hit in the early 80's. There are very few people who haven't been affected in some way by this terrible pandemic. We are now getting another spike in covid cases over the last two months and long days, callbacks, and frustration have left most hospital personnel exhausted. I just want to sleep most of the time and spend most weekends to tired to fish or do much. Anyway, I hope you and yours get through it with minimal effects.
I'd like to thank Robert( gobbleinwoods) for getting most of the hard work done without me. It's all my fault for the procrastination and not slugging two cups of coffee and getting on the puter.

Hats off to ya Robert! Thanks for all that you do! When my brother was in the hospital with it the staff and Dr's were great.

I'll do a $50 BPS gift card again.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I'm just glad you're above ground and here Robert. Thanks so much for doing this thankless job again this year. You and Gobble are the one two punch of the Sports forum.

rhbama3

Administrator
Staff member
Donations have been added to the 1st post. If not specified, i'm assuming they are for the regular season winner.
Thank y'all so much!!!!! Looking stout!!!

rhbama3

Administrator
Staff member
I'm just glad you're above ground and here Robert. Thanks so much for doing this thankless job again this year. You and Gobble are the one two punch of the Sports forum.
The numbers are still rising. National guard may be coming back again to assist.

Chris 195 7/8 B&C

Glad to see a few more stepping up this year.

Robert, I’m good for a $25 gift card for both the regular season and another for the bowls pick-em.
Thank you and take care of yourself. I’m ready to see some full crawdaddy baskets.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
Just saw this post. I made my picks on another thread if that's okay? If I win, I'm down for the .40.

I'll come up with something to donate.

You put your picks in the correct place.

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
@rhbama3 @gobbleinwoods

What is going to be the rule regarding forfeitures due to Covid? Most of the leagues have rules in place that it will be a "loss" for the team that can't play, no make ups this year. Will it go as a win/loss for our picks or will it be tossed out for not playing?

rhbama3

Administrator
Staff member
@rhbama3 @gobbleinwoods

What is going to be the rule regarding forfeitures due to Covid? Most of the leagues have rules in place that it will be a "loss" for the team that can't play, no make ups this year. Will it go as a win/loss for our picks or will it be tossed out for not playing?
I will toss covid cancelled games. They will not count.