Word is Holyfield is going to be #1 back

brownceluse

He must have made some good progress this off season because Swift was way ahead of him last year as a freshman. Both are studs!!

HunterJoe24

He must have made some good progress this off season because Swift was way ahead of him last year as a freshman. Both are studs!!

I think they're gonna be another dynamic duo. Holyfield is a bruiser of a back with great speed and Swift straight up outruns everyone on the field. I feel for opposing D coordinators. That doesn't even include White, Cook, or Herrien. I could see us having two 1000+ runners with the line we have

TinKnocker

Yep, said a couple weeks ago I'd be 0% surprised to see him have a breakout year.

IMO, EH is an obvious stud. I think his lack of play time came from lack of effort or buy in (IE-Nauta) in practice and the fact he is looking like the #1 back is more due to him seeing the light. Chubb and Michel in front of everyone last year didn't help. But I think Swift came in and had the mentality of doing whatever CKS asked him to do VS Holyfield thing he was just there to be a RB.

HunterJoe24

Yep, said a couple weeks ago I'd be 0% surprised to see him have a breakout year.

IMO, EH is an obvious stud. I think his lack of play time came from lack of effort or buy in (IE-Nauta) in practice and the fact he is looking like the #1 back is more due to him seeing the light. Chubb and Michel in front of everyone last year didn't help. But I think Swift came in and had the mentality of doing whatever CKS asked him to do VS Holyfield thing he was just there to be a RB.

I'm sure it gets to his head that he's Evander's son. I would agree with you completely. I bet he thought he was the big man on campus when he arrived and needed to be humbled a little. He really started to shine against Florida and into the later games last year.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

This. ^ Swift made the most of every carry he got and he played like he was competing for Chubb's or Michel's slot. Holyfield didn't show very much last year. I hope this means he's stepped it up and he's giving CKS everything he's got.

I'm not buying the hype on this team. They lost some serious impact player seniors to graduation. Until I see them curb stomping everything and everybody I'll be in wait and see mode. CKS has established winning at UGA. I hope this team is a follow on of that philosophy. Bama expects to win every game and they play to win every game. That's where we need to be.

brownceluse

The biggest sign I seen that Holyfield was not doing something right was when Sony got hurt in the SECCG. It was Swift all the way. Swift is the better back but they’ll provide a great 1,2 punch.

HunterJoe24

I'm not buying the hype on this team. They lost some serious impact player seniors to graduation. Until I see them curb stomping everything and everybody I'll be in wait and see mode. CKS has established winning at UGA. I hope this team is a follow on of that philosophy. Bama expects to win every game and they play to win every game. That's where we need to be.

I buy in on the hype around the offense solely because the offensive line. I think the defense will take some time getting adjusted. But having almost the entire line back is huge. Wynn was great, but he was an over achiever. I think Thomas is going to be twice the tackle he was. Plus, we are deep in the line. That's the only reason I'm buying the hype. If this was 3 years ago I would not buy into it because we never had great lines until now.

brownceluse

This. ^ Swift made the most of every carry he got and he played like he was competing for Chubb's or Michel's slot. Holyfield didn't show very much last year. I hope this means he's stepped it up and he's giving CKS everything he's got.

This will be a good not sure it’ll be great. The D line depth is not good at all!! Good teams ran the ball on us last year at will and good teams threw the ball at will. But, the back end of the D is much improved talent wise and I think will be much improved! We lost a lot of play makers as you stated the biggest that I think makes us weaker is on defense. Our run game will be as good maybe better this year I believe and I base that on the O line. But if we can keep Robinson and Hardman healthy those two will score a lot of points. The offense can truly spread the D out now with having two legit deep ball threats! That will also give us more TE involvement as well because those two will create a lot of double teams. This offense could be fun to watch. Tge D scares the crap out of me!

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
If only Roquan Smith had one more year of eligibility.:bounce:

HunterJoe24

This will be a good not sure it’ll be great. The D line depth is not good at all!! Good teams ran the ball on us last year at will and good teams threw the ball at will. But, the back end of the D is much improved talent wise and I think will be much improved! We lost a lot of play makers as you stated the biggest that I think makes us weaker is on defense. Our run game will be as good maybe better this year I believe and I base that on the O line. But if we can keep Robinson and Hardman healthy those two will score a lot of points. The offense can truly spread the D out now with having two legit deep ball threats! That will also give us more TE involvement as well because those two will create a lot of double teams. This offense could be fun to watch. Tge D scares the crap out of me!

USC really has me worried just because of the defense. 2nd week, in Columbia, and Muschamp has quietly been building it up over there. It's always hard to score against his defenses. I think this year we should be able to outscore anyone, but there's gonna be a lot of shootouts(I personally hate those games, would much rather watch a good defensive game)

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
USC really has me worried just because of the defense. 2nd week, in Columbia, and Muschamp has quietly been building it up over there. It's always hard to score against his defenses. I think this year we should be able to outscore anyone, but there's gonna be a lot of shootouts(I personally hate those games, would much rather watch a good defensive game)

I'm more worried about our defense than our offense. If it's a shootout it will be because of our D. Regardless, they better not misunderestimate Muschamp. He will have the Gamecocks up for us.

HunterJoe24

I'm more worried about our defense than our offense. If it's a shootout it will be because of our D. Regardless, they better not misunderestimate Muschamp. He will have the Gamecocks up for us.

I should have said because of our defense, that's what I intended. Muschamp's biggest problem at UF was he could never get a good O coordinator. If we lose to USC they could very well win the East. They have a pretty easy West schedule and we do not.

Matthew6

Banned thug

yep.

brownceluse

You never lake anyone for granted but USC J.R. doesn’t worry me at all. This isn’t a Richt coached team and no one know Muschamp better than Kirby. We are light years ahead of that program and Muschamp had a whole heap more work to do there than Kirby did. Spurrier left them in shambles. They have serious depth issues. Muschamp will need another couple years to get that coop back on track.

TinKnocker

I'm not buying the hype on this team. They lost some serious impact player seniors to graduation. Until I see them curb stomping everything and everybody I'll be in wait and see mode.
I agree and I am also in wait and see mode. BUT, what is different this year is the CKS interviews. In previous pre-seasons he has harped on all of the areas they need to improve and rarely was complimentary. But after Saturday's closed scrimmage, he was actually complimenting the effort, physicality and execution.

Maybe I am reading too much into it. But if CKS was belittling the effort last pre-season and they went 13-1.......whats in store for this season if he actually LIKES what he sees at this point? :eek:

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Maybe I am reading too much into it. But if CKS was belittling the effort last pre-season and they went 13-1.......whats in store for this season if he actually LIKES what he sees at this point? :eek:

Talk is cheap. :bounce:

HunterJoe24

You never lake anyone for granted but USC J.R. doesn’t worry me at all. This isn’t a Richt coached team and no one know Muschamp better than Kirby. We are light years ahead of that program and Muschamp had a whole heap more work to do there than Kirby did. Spurrier left them in shambles. They have serious depth issues. Muschamp will need another couple years to get that coop back on track.

We should beat them, but to write them off would be foolish. Muschamp is doing surprisingly well recruiting but you don't hear about it because he's not Clemson, Uga, or Bama. Depth issues usually start becoming a problem around week 6 or 7. Of all the games on our schedule this one gets the most concern from me imo.