Worms

Hillbilly stalker

Interesting facts.....a worm gas 16 hearts, world record length is 22 feet (Rain forests). It's best to grunt or fiddle first thing in the morning, they are closer to the top of the ground and the dew still has moister down. The blacker the dirt usually means it's richer. You can throw out a big piece of cardboard or old blanket and wet it with a garden hose and they will be underneath it. Watch digging around in them leaves, you might find one of them copper tailed rattle mouth moccasin heads ...you know what I mean Vern ? :hair:

BriarPatch99

You ever looked to see whether brick bats and axe handles were legal weapons for worm hunting?

No I haven't ..... But I can testify that they are a effective weapon!!?

The brickbat and piece of axe handle had a dedicated space behind the seat of our old pickup .... better keep your paws off unless you were grunting worms...!!!!

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
I have grunted up many worms in my days. All it took was a good stake and any kind of brick to rub across it. If you cant feel it vibrating, you are not doing it right. Now if I need worms, I go in my backyard and catch all I want. Took me a while to get the knack of that too. A nightcrawler can move pretty fast when he wants to.

Tom W.

I used to do it when I was a kid and forced to live in yankee land. We beat on a log in the soft ground and they'd come up. I've also used soapy water, and many nights I went collecting nightcrawlers. I remember when I lived in Quantico my dad would use some kind of home made electrical probe and the worms would almost fly out of the yard!