worst day of hunting I have ever had!!

GTBHUNTIN

Well it started out great. Got my new deer cart built(old lawn mower handle, with bike wheels. headed to the woods, started pourin but I was determined to hunt. Got to my treestand and sat in the POURING RAIN was wet to the bone. WHile I was in the treestand I dropped my pack and so I didnt even have any food. So now heres when it gets really bad.......5 hogs come in to this acorn funnel right at dark so I cant get out of the tree......dont want to scare and dont want to get attacked..........so I wait a half hour or so till they wander off. When I get down I grab my flashlight and gps out of my pack and then zip up my pack. About half way to the truck I realize that I have lost my quiver..........5 arrows with 10 dollar broadheads with 8 dollar arrows and the quiver it self was 40. And when I get to my truck I realize what an even worse night it has turned out to be, I noticed that I zipped up an empty compartment on my pack and left the pocket with all my stuff in it open, Wallet was the worst, soc card, Military Id, Drivers license, hunting license, wma sticer, 4 credit cards blank checks...etc. SO to recap, soaked to the bone, lost 100 dollars worth of equipment, and lost my wallet which has everything in it.AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhh

ultramag

Dang Man that is terrible.I am sure you can back track and find your stuff.Good luck and i hope you have a better day tomorrow!!!:cool:

GTBHUNTIN

well thats kind of what I was first thinking but then I thought about it and well the spot I was hunting is spot that I found yesterday and so I dont have specific route to it yet, so I have no clue where to look. I was just kinda following my gps out because you cant see more than a couple feet in front of you.

GTBHUNTIN

OH AND I JUST REALIZED MY 200 DOLLAR DIGITAL CAMERA was in my pack as well.

GeauxLSU

Y'ouch. I WAS going to say still better than a good day at work but I think you may have crossed that line with the camera missing. :eek:
Get out in there in the morning. You'll find it! :cool:

NC Hunter

Was your GPS running as you came out of the woods? Was it saving your tracks? Could you use it to "track back" into the woods?

short stop

I did that up in IL last yr . I crossed 100 acres of corn stubble field to get to my stand --once sitting down I went to dig out my goodies out of my pack and suprize !!! I left it unzipped and everything you mentioned fell out -- keys , wallet , NON res lic , and camera . I hunted that afernoon and walked somewhat of the same route back in the dark till I came across 1 item then I found it all in the dark !----It took me an hour or two but I got it all . Hope you find your stuff .

Dub

Dang It Man!!!

That bites right there.

I hate that for you. I hope that you can recover that gear!!!!

Arrow3

Man that sucks!!! Hopefully you can find it all!

Jasper

Man, that is a bad day! Sorry to hear it. Hope you find your stuff!

pnome

That is a string of unfortunate events. Just means you're due for some good luck. I forsee a big buck your next time out.

ngabowhunter

Was your GPS running as you came out of the woods? Was it saving your tracks? Could you use it to "track back" into the woods?

I lost a custom made striker when I was turkey hunting and
luckily I had my GPS on. I used the back track feature and I was able to follow my trail back to my striker. :clap: for modern technology

rip18

Hope you find your stuff - at least you had your truck keys & your truck wasn't broken into & you didn't run over your bow....

doenightmare

Gone But Not Forgotten
My list of lost items:
$800.00 camcorder in Lanier while stripper fishing.
$150.00 stripper rig in Lanier
3 cell phones, 1 in Lanier, 2 in the woods
$60.00 cast net in Lanier
$40.00 knife in woods
2 treestands stolen
More calls, headnets, gloves, etc than I can count.
I FEEL YOUR PAIN- hope you find your stuff

Murdock

Tough luck. I thought I had some rough luck. I hope you find your stuff especially the wallet. I lost mine recently and that is the worst part.