Wrens Abruzzie Rye

Bushhog Bob

How does Abruzzie Rye compare to Oats and Winter Wheat? And where is a good place to buy it. I am in northwest Georgia and thinking of about four (4) 50 lb. bags.

glynr329

Cousin plants abruzzi and rape. When it comes up puts amonia nitrate on it. Said that is what he has his best luck with. We buy ours from Ace last year 18.00 50lb bag. I mix mine with regular oats and clover. My deer love that combination. If its green and you fertilize it they will eat it.

Bushhog Bob

Found 50 lb. bags at a farm supply in Calhoun, Ga. for $17.95 bag. Will plant it and cultipack, then put out Imperial Whitetail clover and cultipack again.

Kdog

Wish I could find it that cheap in my area. Anyone have a source between Stone Mountain and Morgan county for less than $20 a bag?

Last edited:

RootConservative

Capture2.JPG
Not sure why they are charging that much for shipping. I just logged into my Wrens order and here is a screenshot. The other stuff I ordered that was in stock has already arrived and that was free shipping too.

RootConservative

I manually checked out. I just re-checked everything you got me worrying. I also checked their warehouse. They ship from Dade City Florida and I live in Gainesville, FL so from their warehouse to my house is exactly 101 miles. But both orders I made had free shipping. I bought the stuff they had in stock on the first order and it's already arrived. Then I ordered four bags of the rye at the discount currently unavailable it says free shipping too.

Kdog

You got lucky. Here is a screenshot for 7 bags. Not paying that.
1566506678956.png