XDM 45 compact

Thread starter #1

Whiteboy

To tag onto this, http://forum.gon.com/threads/springfield-xdm-10mm.931810/

While watching prices on the 10mm I found a good deal on the 3.8 compact 45 that comes with the 13 round extended and 9 round mags. We shot it for the first time today. I didn't have any factory ammo, but probably shot about 100 rds of mixed reloads, 50/50 plated Berry's and Bayou SWCs. We did have a couple of failures, but all shot were light loaded rounds that probably didn't have enough juice. They all loaded properly, so I'm guessing a couple didn't have enough to cause the action to fully cycle.

My wife shot as well as she has with anything else, with quite a few making one large hole. I think this one will eventually become hers. We both shot from 25 yds and we were suprised at how well it did at that range. Take down to clean is way easier than anything else I have. I'll bump the qty of Bullseye up a notch, since I'm on the lower end of the spectrum, and see how it does next time.

Thread starter #2

Whiteboy

Well I think I figured out my self inflicted ammo problem. Shot it again this weekend and no issues with my latest batch. No issues with the old SWCs. I pulled the trigger and nothing about 3 out of the same box as last time. Primer was struck, and not light, but no fire. They did fire on the 2nd strike.

Then the light bulb went off. In October I put a peep sight on a Marlin and a few weeks later I noticed the tube of blue loctite on top of the box of primers looked like it had not had the cap screwed securely and leaked. It was on the side of the box of the striking side, and I couldn't see any residue inside of the box. Dumped about half just in case. I should have dumped them all, but wasn't that concerned with target ammo.

Thread starter #3

Whiteboy

Well, I signed the wife up for a pistol class. Figured it would be good for her to hear stuff from somebody else besides me. She took the XDM with her and was proud to bring me a target home. They had her shooting one handed and left handed some, which is good. She had a good time.

Attachments