Yak experts . scupper plug ?

kirby999

I picked up a couple of packs of OK scupper plugs with my Scrambler . I bought the large ones , which was indicated on the package . Now here's the problem, how do you get them into the holes ? It looks like I should have bought mediums . kirby

83_Dawg

you could grab a pool noodle from walmart and cut them a bit larger than the scupper hole and about 2.5" long

The pool noodles work fine. I don't usually use them at all when its hot. I fish sitting sideways a lot with my legs dangling over the side in the water most of the time anyway. The scupper holes let the water that I drag in flow back out.

03FXD

scupper plugs

I have tarpon 120. I went to Lowes and they sell rubber plugs shaped like corks. They are tapered and fit great. I think they were around 2 dollars each.

kirby999

Maybe I can save somebody else some trouble when they go looking for plugs . Hey ; it's only a 85 mile trip . ONE WAY !! kirby :crazy:

KDarsey

I haven't tried it but I also have heard you can use PVC caps in the holes.

Lawnmowerman

Maybe I can save somebody else some trouble when they go looking for plugs . Hey ; it's only a 85 mile trip . ONE WAY !! kirby :crazy:

Dude,, is there any way I can help?
Academy is just up the road from where I work.
I could go buy you a pack (2) and ship them to you for probably $12 or so.
How much $$ you gonna spend in gas?
If you're 85 miles South of Atlanta, then you're just South of Macon, which has an Academy & a BPS.
Let me know if I can help.:flag:

Bruiser

Pool noodles work wonders to plug those holes. I'd plug the ones under your seat and leave the others 'open.'

kirby999

Pool noodles work wonders to plug those holes. I'd plug the ones under your seat and leave the others 'open.'

I discovered today that was the best way to plug them . The ones under my feet need to left open, to drain all the water I drag in with my feet , after hanging them off the sides sometime . :D kirby

pesce

scupper plugs

Foam practice golf balls are the same size as medium scupper plugs. I bought a package of 4 for next to no $$. Poked holes through them and put some parachute cord through and tied a knot to make a loop so I could pull them out easy. http://74.55.204.178/images/smilies/clap.gif