Ya'll Missed This...

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Gotta resize more pics!
You can upload them all here without having to resize, and once uploaded, you can embed them from there, or post a link to the gallery. What ever is the hardest for you. :LOL:

And no doubt y'all had a great time!

:flag: :cheers:

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
How many were there?

Just couldn’t make it, plus I came down with a nasty summer time cold. Still haven’t totally shook it off either. :facepalm

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Btw, thanks for taking pics and sharing 1eye.

greg_n_clayton

How many were there?

Just couldn’t make it, plus I came down with a nasty summer time cold. Still haven’t totally shook it off either. :facepalm
All I got to say is...you missed it !!

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
It was a purely hedonistic type of Saturday night. Too much pork tenderloin to eat, too much beef to eat (filets and porterhouse), too much low country boil to eat, too much whiskey to drink, and staying up too late listening to Dave and Hillbilly picking and grinning over old favorites... ezgif.com-resize (4).jpg
Greg's little Black Mouth Cur stole my heart.
He stayed on the Run keeping the camp clear of butterflies and moths, made sure no squirrels o raccoons where near, and sat and listened to each vehicle that went up or down the gravel road.
I'm wishing my very next dog will be just like him.ezgif.com-resize.png

Many thanks to Greg for securing the venue. Pretty sure this is the last little piece of private property going up the River Road into the National Forest. Truly at the end of the road. Awesome spot and Greg had the place mowed and cleaned up and he put up a tarp for us.ezgif.com-resize (9).jpg
Too bad Greg left us a little early to go and (POST REDACTED TO PROTECT THE INNOCENT).
He never made it back that night, so I figured his weekend was as good as ours... Thanks again to Greg.

I caught my first mountain stream trout in that little pool beside the camp, and then hillbilly gave me a little lesson on noodling the fly around for trout. He caught a stream born rainbow on the fly and then I tried to follow his lead for an hour or less in that rugged, blowdown strewn creek. My knees are still sore!

For the main event night, it was just me and Browning Slayer and Hillbilly and CrackerDave.
I can't think of anything that would have made it a better time. (Edit: ...unless some more of our had showed up!)
It was an honor and a privilege to be there...
Looking forward to any future get together we can put together.

Last edited:

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
IMG_1578.JPGIMG_1573.JPGIMG_1570.JPGIMG_1591.JPG

Browning Slayer

IMG_1588.JPGIMG_1594.JPGIMG_1596.JPG

Browning Slayer

Couldn't have asked for a more beautiful spot to hang out at!

The weather was awesome and I actually had to cover up on Saturday night in the tent. Woke up to a nice crisp mountain morning..

Enjoyed it fellas and looking forward to doing it again!!

Cmp1

BANNED
It was a purely hedonistic type of Saturday night. Too much pork tenderloin to eat, too much beef to eat (filets and porterhouse), too much low country boil to eat, too much whiskey to drink, and staying up too late listening to Dave and Hillbilly picking and grinning over old favorites... View attachment 935329
Greg's little Black Mouth Cur stole my heart.
He stayed on the Run keeping the camp clear of butterflies and moths, made sure no squirrels o raccoons where near, and sat and listened to each vehicle that went up or down the gravel road.
I'm wishing my very next dog will be just like him.View attachment 935330

Many thanks to Greg for securing the venue. Pretty sure this is the last little piece of private property going up the River Road into the National Forest. Truly at the end of the road. Awesome spot and Greg had the place mowed and cleaned up and he put up a tarp for us.View attachment 935331
Too bad Greg left us a little early to go and find the womenz.
He never made it back that night, so I figured his weekend was as good as ours... Thanks again to Greg.

I caught my first mountain stream trout in that little pool beside the camp, and then hillbilly gave me a little lesson on noodling the fly around for trout. He caught a stream born rainbow on the fly and then I tried to follow his lead for an hour or less in that rugged, blowdown strewn creek. My knees are still sore!

For the main event night, it was just me and Browning Slayer and Hillbilly and CrackerDave.
I can't think of anything that would have made it a better time. (Edit: ...unless some more of our had showed up!)
It was an honor and a privilege to be there...
Looking forward to any future get together we can put together.

Could use some training myself,,,,

Browning Slayer

Really beautiful place,,,, did you guys eat your catch?

Heck no! I don't kill Trout!!! I'll kill every other kind of fish but Trout get a free pass with me.. :D