Yamaha Viking front axles

mizuno24jad

About to swap out my front axles on my 2016 Yamaha Viking due to bad cv joints, does anyone know what size socket I need to take off the front axle nuts? Thanks

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
If you can see the nut, you can measure from one side to the other, that will tell you what size it is. I'd imagine it's metric and if I was taking a shot in the dark I'd say 31mm. But if you get the measurement just Google inch to mm converter and you will know what size.

mizuno24jad

If you can see the nut, you can measure from one side to the other, that will tell you what size it is. I'd imagine it's metric and if I was taking a shot in the dark I'd say 31mm. But if you get the measurement just Google inch to mm converter and you will know what size.

New axles I bought are 36mm axle nut, the original axle nuts are smaller probably around 31 or 32mm, asked place I bought the axles from if that was a problem being different sized nuts and he said no. And I didn’t even think about actually measuring the nuts, makes too much sense lol

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
If they are different sizes I would think it wouldn't work in the hubs, maybe they just use larger nuts.

lonewolf247

You could call the Yamaha service dept. and ask what size socket it takes. You could also bring the UTV to Orielly or AutoZone match size and rent or buy a socket. Your best bet might be to go to Walmart, and see if you can find a whole strip of large sockets, for not much more than the price of just one elsewhere.

On the different size axle nuts, I ran into the same thing on Honda Foreman aftermarket CV joints. Fit fine, just different size nuts.