Yellow perch ?

little rascal

Acworth and Alatoona are eat up with them. They are 3-4 inches long and will eat every minnow you have. They are pests!!! Keep them all.
I've caught two at Kellogg, one at Blockhouse. Wished they would grow a little and you could catch them all over the lake. Fine eating! Below Allatoona dam there has been some big'uns caught.

Dialer

So THATS what those are (Derrrr). They are a lot of fun to catch in a kayak! The ones I caught were much smaller than those.

lampern

If you would like to see yellow perch listed as a game fish (to simplify the regulations with neighboring states) send an email to state Senator Sally Harrell:

Sally.Harrell@senate.georgia.gov

Just mention you would like yellow perch legally classified as a game fish by the legislature.

Tom W.

When I lived in Pennsylvania and Upstate N.Y. I used to catch a lot of decent size yellow perch.

Here in Alabama I seldom caught one that was over 6 inches.....

deputy430

I don't think there is a limit, other than the ordinary 40 fish daily creel limit. No size limit either. They are almost impossible to scale, but there is a video on youtube that will show you how to skin them using a pocketknife. It works, but isn't as easy as they make it look.
Okay I have seen several people mention a 40 per day limit for fish........ Bream/sun fish have a daily limit of 50 in GA. how can you catch 50 if there is a 40 day limit?

lampern

The 40 a day limit is for waters shared with South Carolina.

They also have limits on perch.

Ga does not

Canuck5

Food Plot advisor extraordinaire !
My favorite fish ....... caught in the great lakes, ice fishing. Fillet the bigger ones. You will never want to eat anything else except maybe Walleye (Pickerel).

Perch.JPG