Yeti Knock-offs?

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Up your way, probably just set that bag ice on the porch and still have ice a month later.:D

That's the point. We had nearly two weeks that the temp never got above freezing last month, and it was down to zero or near it several nights. Lots of days with highs in the teens and twenties. The highest the temp has gotten in a month and a half is about 50, and that has been only a couple times for a couple hours. :)

killswitch

That's the point. We had nearly two weeks that the temp never got above freezing last month, and it was down to zero or near it several nights. Lots of days with highs in the teens and twenties. The highest the temp has gotten in a month and a half is about 50, and that has been only a couple times for a couple hours. :)

Ouch !

rawolfee

I have an RTIC and a Kong cooler. Both work just as well as any of my friends Yetis. If you want a cooler truely made in USA, Kong coolers are great. My step dad works for the Roto Mold company that makes these. They are made and shipped from Oregon. They are a little pricier than some of the knock offs, but still better than Yeti.

Dub

Giving some more RTIC products a test run.

Ordered one of their soft shell lunch coolers and a hyooge 40oz tumbler. Great having ice water to sip on all morning.

Backlasher82

Yeti, out of the blue, announces it wants nothing to do with the NRA or its members.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/04/2...any-cuts-ties-with-gun-group-report-says.html

So, what good alternatives are out there?

Rtic coolers had a not so subtle response to Yeti:

In response to Yeti’s decision to toss it and leave it, Rtic pulled up quick to retrieve it and made it a point to let their customers know that they’re not pushing away their values by posting a picture of the 2nd Amendment on their Facebook page.

https://www.redstate.com/brandon_mo...s-immediately-proves-theyre-smarter-business/

OmenHonkey

I Want Fancy Words TOO !
Ya'll sell me your Yeti's I'll take em. I think what is being told by media is misconstrued. A company as vested in the outdoor community is not that stupid. Either it was an employee's thoughts or something was amiss.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Ya'll sell me your Yeti's I'll take em. I think what is being told by media is misconstrued. A company as vested in the outdoor community is not that stupid. Either it was an employee's thoughts or something was amiss.

Is that a fact, like Dick's Sporting Goods destroying (not turning back in to the manufacturer, but destroying all assault style weapons) ????

Yeah,,,,,,,,,no. When a CEO or group of investors believe it is more important to play the Virtue Signalling game in order to appeal to a certain crowd, completely ignorant of the crowd that built them, it is time to abandon ship because they have bought hole hog into political correctness and the Social Justice Warrior mentality.

Adios Yeti.

OmenHonkey

I Want Fancy Words TOO !
Is that a fact, like Dick's Sporting Goods destroying (not turning back in to the manufacturer, but destroying all assault style weapons) ????

Yeah,,,,,,,,,no. When a CEO or group of investors believe it is more important to play the Virtue Signalling game in order to appeal to a certain crowd, completely ignorant of the crowd that built them, it is time to abandon ship because they have bought hole hog into political correctness and the Social Justice Warrior mentality.

Adios Yeti.

Well the Dicks bunch are severe idiots. And I wonder exactly how many they destroyed. A business will not survive by buying items and destroying them intentionally.

I don't need the coolers or the company. I'm fine with doing what I always have and going from field to freezer.