You know you've been hanging out here too long...

ufg8r93

when you have the dream I had last nite.

So I'm in the stand and it's a perfect setup. I've never been here before, but there's a nice opening in front of me and hardwoods all around. I can see deer trails 20 yrds in two directions. I've got my bow. So a hog walks by, and he's a big 'un. Not huge, but he's got nice cutters and I figure what the heck, I'll run him thru and have some pork in the freezer. Plus, my brother's shot hogs early and still seen deer. So I make a great shot and get a complete pass-thru. Hog runs off less than 30 yrds and drops. I can still see him. I'm thinking I wish he'd run off a little further. Later that evening (still haven't seen a deer) a coyote comes by and starts making toward my hog. I'm not gonna stand for this, even if I do ruin this setup. So, I sling an arrow at him and he's down. So, I get down and start dragging them both out (I know, I know, no way I could drag 'em both out at the same time...it's a dream, okay?). Guess who I come across but a game warden. He asks what happened and I tell him. Somehow I'm in somebody's backyard and guess who it is? An old girlfriend who's got about six hens with her. They start in with "that's baitin' officer, I think you should haul is sorry butt off" and crap like that. I get a little skeerd 'cause I know what would happen to me in jail :speechles and I can't find my turkey license. I don't know why I need a turkey license since there aren't any turkeys in this story, but I'm frantic lookin' for that turkey license. All seven of the elmoelmoelmoelmo women folk are saying something like "see, he's a sorry elmoelmoelmo poacher. He doesn't even have a turkey license and he's huntin' that coyote over bait" ('cause the hog was dead and laying there). Finally I wake up and I'm sweatin' like a ho in church. Maybe I should take a day or two away from Woody's Campfire Talk... ;)

I hope I'm back to harems and such tonite. Harems. Come to think of it, do I really want more than one? :whip:

Toliver

I dreamed about Woody's last night, too........... but I ain't tellin'!!!!!! :eek:

Toliver

Jim Thompson said:
I always dream about Woody.

Jim

Where's that "biting my tongue" smiley!? :banginghe

Woody

Founder - Gone but not forgotten.
Jim Thompson said:
I always dream about Woody.

Jim

Toliver ---- he forgot the -- 's -- on the end. :type:

GeauxLSU

ufg8r93 said:
I get a little skeerd 'cause I know what would happen to me in jail :speechles and I can't find my turkey license. I don't know why I need a turkey license since there aren't any turkeys in this story, but I'm frantic lookin' for that turkey license.
I'm sorry but that's just funny! :D
Hey man, a little less nicotene maybe? ;)
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil