Your 2019/2020 Out Of State Hunting Trips

MidwestAddiction

With deer season so close- who’s going out of state here this year? Interested to see folks locations and dates.

Had an awesome time last year in Kansas and Kentucky. Met some other members of GON in Kansas too. Great Guys! Switching it up this year
Here’s mine:

October 25-November 14th ish
Kentucky trying to finally tag a deer I’ve been after for 2 seasons
Indiana as well with a small tract of property I picked up a short drive from Kentucky property

November 16-24
In northwest Nebraska hunting mule deer for the first time. Never been there but looking forward to trying it out.

Jim Boyd

31 October - 15 November

West central Illinois

4 farms

Scott, Schuyler (2) and McDonough counties.

Two farms are new so we will see what happens.

Had Iowa on the schedule and that got away from me but I think that was a blessing with the new Illinois ground.

I genuinely wish ALL hunters well, whether you are traveling not.

Early on, I will be trying to get an arrow through a decent SC deer.

XJfire75

Plan to leave on Halloween for Ohio unless I get an extra farm to hunt near home in Se Ga.

Arrow3

I've got a Kentucky license already from turkey season but I don't have anywhere to hunt but public land so I'm not sure I'll go.

Lilly001

My out of state will be Georgia as often as possible.
The last couple years something has always come up in the family to mess my Ga time up in some way.
This year I'm praying for no drama.
I'll be happy just to hunt. The harvest will be a bonus.

MidwestAddiction

Elk and deer in Wyoming for two weeks in October. Deer in good old Illinois early November. Alabama whitetails and hogs at PAKO PLantation in January. And of course, good old Meriwether every single day i possibly can.

Sounds awesome! Is this your first time going to Wyoming to elk and deer hunt? Outfitter?

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Now that we are Iowa residents, I guess that wont be out of state any more :D

Because of the time, effort and of course money involved with the Iowa farm, we are having to cut back on a state this year. We will be spending 8 weeks running between Iowa and Missouri during this year's LFTT. I will probably get to Indiana for some early season 2 day hunting too.

Gonna be a crazy year that will probably involve more work than hunting

MidwestAddiction

Now that we are Iowa residents, I guess that wont be out of state any more :D

Because of the time, effort and of course money involved with the Iowa farm, we are having to cut back on a state this year. We will be spending 8 weeks running between Iowa and Missouri during this year's LFTT. I will probably get to Indiana for some early season 2 day hunting too.

Gonna be a crazy year that will probably involve more work than hunting

Dang JT did you up and move to Iowa too?? That’s awesome man! Going to be a big day when you pull the first camera card on that new property in Iowa :)

MidwestAddiction

not for deer but first time with an outfitter for elk in Wyoming. Been saving/buying preference points for 14 years!
Man that sounds awesome- I’ve got 2 points in Wyoming and 2 points in Colorado. Waiting to build up to get a good unit :) best of luck to you! Which outfitter are you using in Wyoming by chance?

bilgerat

Senior
Im skipping My annual trip to Ontario this year, Ill be hunting Nov 8th to the 15th in Northern Missouri close to the Iowa border. I will be joining in on the Live From the Tree fun this year!!!