Your Favorite Watermelon?

Geffellz18

The one on sale at the supermarket!
The past few years it’s been sugar baby, but could be black diamond too I suppose-They look very similar.
We like the smaller versions since we typically can’t eat up the larger ones fast enough-Crazy I know!

Redbow

All time favorite is Black Diamonds but those yellow meated watermelons are awful good and sweet.
Yep, the yellow meated melons are just as good as any IMO, my MIL used to grow them in her garden.

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
Around home back in the day, a new field or a field that had laid fallow for several years was almost always planted in watermelons for the first crop.
Local farmer here started planting watermelons in his fields that hadn’t grown melons in years. He’s a fairly large acreage farmer and just plants 2-3 fields a year in melons. He’s been noticeably outproducing other farmers for a good while now. Be interesting to see how the production changes once he doesn’t have anymore new ground.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Around home back in the day, a new field or a field that had laid fallow for several years was almost always planted in watermelons for the first crop.
Daddy showed me a spot the other day his daddy had planted on new ground back in the 40/50’s said they were huge