Youth season and scouting for gobblers

turkeykirk

Got a couple of places that I'm the only one who hunts and another place where a couple other people hunt also. I haven't run into this situation myself but could see where it could happen : You are out scouting and hear or run into a youth hunter and their mentor. I would think that most hunters out scouting would do their best to move on silently and hopefully not mess anyone up. Just was wondering if anyone has run into this situation since the advent of the Youth Season.

1776Flintlock

I stay out of the woods on any youth hunt days, turkey or deer. They don't get that many days. Let them have the woods IMHO

Core Lokt

Communication of all people hunting is key here. I also agree qith Flintlock if you don't have a youth hunting.

Toddmann

TK you just need someone to mentor. Unfortunately I am way to old but I just happen to know a 6 y/o that needs all the mentoring he can get. He said he was tired of hunting them same 4 spots. :bounce:

If I didn't have a youth to take I would probably just limit my scouting to listening at high elevations and if I wanted to look for scratching and other sign do that btn 12 & 2pm.

turkeykirk

TK you just need someone to mentor. Unfortunately I am way to old but I just happen to know a 6 y/o that needs all the mentoring he can get. He said he was tired of hunting them same 4 spots. :bounce:

If I didn't have a youth to take I would probably just limit my scouting to listening at high elevations and if I wanted to look for scratching and other sign do that btn 12 & 2pm.

Tman,
Your right. Used to take my two boys until they grew up and got out on their own. They said they needed to find a better mentor than me since I couldn't kill anything. No Respect!