Youth Season Question

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I think March 17-18 , like always and haven’t herd anything different and I don’t think any of the wma’s are open but think they all should be , especially for kids , I mean come on , that makes no sense !

fullstrut

Weekend before State opener is what I meant to type.

flyfisher1

Kinda hard to find but its there:

http://www.eregulations.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/17GAHD-LR.pdf

SPECIAL OPPORTUNITY SEASON
For youth 16 years of age and younger and
mobility impaired persons (i.e. confined to
wheelchair, hemiplegia, monoplegia, para
-
plegia, or single-leg amputation above the
knee). Such hunters must be accompanied by
an adult (18 years or older) who can call but
may not take or attempt to take a turkey. This
season does not apply to public lands unless
otherwise specified.

^ Page 30

Mar. 17-18, 2018

Only for youth 16 years of age and younger and mobility
impaired persons (i.e. confined to wheelchair, hemiplegia,
monoplegia, paraplegia, or single-leg amputation above
the knee). Such hunters must be accompanied by an
adult (18 years or older) who may call but may not hunt.
This season does not apply to public lands unless
otherwise specified.

^ Then the dates are in a chart on Page 32

I cant find the dates in the regs.

DRBugman85

I still can't believe that the Georgia DNR closed youth TURKEY hunting on WMA.This special youth turkey hunt is to get the young hunters of Georgia a chance to Harvest a gobbler before the ADULT hunters worry every turkey in the WMAS. It don't make any sense to me. The young hunters ARE THE FUTURE OF THE HUNTING heritage.:smash::smash:

antharper

Staff member
I still can't believe that the Georgia DNR closed youth TURKEY hunting on WMA.This special youth turkey hunt is to get the young hunters of Georgia a chance to Harvest a gobbler before the ADULT hunters worry every turkey in the WMAS. It don't make any sense to me. The young hunters ARE THE FUTURE OF THE HUNTING heritage.:smash::smash:

Couldn’t agree more !

K9SNAPER

I agree completely also. It almost seems like the state is catering to the rich or who ever has access to big tracts of private dirt

Huntmaster2

I definitely agree with this. I know I had some fantastic youth wma hunts. Out west I think a lot of states have youth only hunts during the best time of the season for many species. Why can't we adopt that?

Garnto88

I’m all for youth season and taking a youth because people did it for me but I don’t understand argument for wma being opened . You can and should take a youth whether it is youth season or not . My dad took me and I took my son as a youth every time I went . Just take the youth opening weekend of regular season and leave your gun at home until that youth kills one. Problem solved. Then every day of season can be youth season. No reason to set aside s seperate week when the whole season can be for youth whether it’s wma or not .

antharper

Staff member
I always try my best to let my daughter have first shot or a kid that’s less fortunate , but still say WMAs should allow youth to hunt youth weekend !

antharper

Staff member
I do but a lot of people don’t have access to private land