First Muslim judge in USA.

GT-40 GUY

Gone But Not Forgotten
First Muslim Women Judge Carolyn Walker, hand picked by President Obama sworn in as judge of the 7 Municipal District, Brooklyn by holding the Holy Quran , December 10, 2015,

gt40

PS: What do you think?

Attachments

• Untitledattachment00023.jpg
    Untitledattachment00023.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 1,789

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I think that hopefully, she will base her judgements on the laws of the US instead of the laws in that book she's swearing on. If not, she doesn't need to be in that position.

centerpin fan

Twenty-one people viewing this thread. That's gotta be a first for this forum.

specialk

Congrats to Judge Walker.....I say we have a big ole pig-pickin' BBQ to celebrate!! :banana:

swampstalker24

I think that hopefully, she will base her judgements on the laws of the US instead of the laws in that book she's swearing on. If not, she doesn't need to be in that position.

Agreed, and that goes for all judges, not just muslim judges.....

That being said, some folks can't grasp the idea of seperation of church and state.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Agreed, and that goes for all judges, not just muslim judges.....

That being said, some folks can't grasp the idea of seperation of church and state.

'zactly.

Mako22

BANNED
She ain't a Muslim just some black woman looking to reconnect with her African roots. And whats with the cheetah head gear? I guess if I thought like her Id get some kind of hat from my ancestors days and wear it around to say "hey look at me Im from the old timey days". I sure don't want no tiger/cheetoos skin hat wearing woman judge judging me!

centerpin fan

Not sure if joking or serious; but, yes. Bosniaks, Albanians, etc have been since the time of the Ottoman conquer of the Balkans.

I was half joking, half serious. There just seem to be very few Muslims of Western European descent.