Team 5 "Waddle Whackers"

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
What's up trigger and Bubba y'all bout ready to kill some turkeys I hope !

Triggerfinger_4

2 gobblers crossed the road right by the house yesterday morning. Season can't get here soon enough

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 342

antharper

Staff member
Ok guys where y'all from and where u gonna be hunting this spring, I live in Troup co. And will do most of my hunting close to home , also in a lease in Coffee co. And will do a little hunting in Harris co. , I went this morning and didn't hear a peep , but I know they were there !

Triggerfinger_4

From Baldwin Co and I'll be hunting 'hind the house and At the lease in Hancock co. I usually make a trip or two with a buddy to Washington co. Also I Can't resist chasing birds in the big woods of the infamous cedar creek wma. Pretty sure I'm going to have access to 2 hundred acres in wilkinson co this season that I've never hunted before so that may be hit or miss.

Bubba_1122

Ok guys where y'all from and where u gonna be hunting this spring, I live in Troup co. And will do most of my hunting close to home , also in a lease in Coffee co. And will do a little hunting in Harris co. , I went this morning and didn't hear a peep , but I know they were there !
From Lowndes Co. Have two main spots to hunt - both in Lowndes. One of them pretty much swamp land with some cultivated land on it. Other is a few miles away and is primarily river bottoms.

I went this morning to the swamp land. Not a peep. Usually a lot of turkey sign around the fields - especially when they courting. Nada today.

Gonna check the other spot this weekend and see what's going on there.

Loaded up some of them 20 guage Tungtanium Super Shells last night. Ready to shoot one or two of those bad boys at some paper and see what that's all about.

Last edited:

Triggerfinger_4

I've been listening some behind the house 2 weeks ago and heard one but I've seen plenty of tracks. Sounds like we're spread out pretty good. Now just waiting for opening day

antharper

Staff member
I went to hunting property today , seen 1 big group about 20 with 2 strutters, also had several on trail camera , 1 with 1 of the biggest beards I've ever seen ,he was in my chuffa patch every day , hope my daughter gets him Saturday!

antharper

Staff member
Ol mr big beard

Had a lot of pictures of this guy every day since last Sunday, hope he shows up next Saturday, we put a blind up today , it's hard without 1 with a 12 yr old

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 302

Triggerfinger_4

If you posted from your phone that could be why... Seems mine always turn up sideways also.
good gracious the beard on that turkey is rediculous! Sure Hope your daughter can get him! I'll be taking my 11 year old sister, I know what you mean with the movement. Hopefully she can keep still just long enough!

antharper

Staff member
I went to 1 of my spots this morning and herd 2 , 1 of em gobbled pretty good , I'm ready , not going back til I'm ready to shoot !