Team 1 "PB&Jellyheads"

TurkeyBird

I'm good with that team name, or any other.

I haven't had a chance to get out and listen, but my scouting reports have been good. Saturday looks like a wash, but we are planning on taking a kid Sunday! I'm pumped to get the season started!

Gator8em

I'm good with that team name, or any other.

I haven't had a chance to get out and listen, but my scouting reports have been good. Saturday looks like a wash, but we are planning on taking a kid Sunday! I'm pumped to get the season started!

How did it go Sunday?

TurkeyBird

Well, it ended up pretty good! :cool:
The weather broke and Saturday ended up being a pretty morning. That didn't help, however, because we couldn't find a gobbling bird to save our lives! We covered various spots over multiple tracts of land and never heard a single gobble. At about 10:30, we decided it was time to call it, and we headed toward the house. As we drove past one of the farms where we had previously listened that morning, we saw 5-6 birds in a field and 2 were obviously toms. We put a little game plan together and circled around behind them where we thought (hoped) that they would go. 30 min later, after a crazy hunt and a little help from a strutting decoy, a 13 yr old young man got his first bird!

Attachments

• Braden's Bird.jpg
    Braden's Bird.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 164

OneBadDawg

Good luck to everyone this weekend. I'll be out doing some last minute scouting in the rain in the AM. Y'all all fired up about opening weekend?

OneBadDawg

Well, it ended up pretty good! :cool:
The weather broke and Saturday ended up being a pretty morning. That didn't help, however, because we couldn't find a gobbling bird to save our lives! We covered various spots over multiple tracts of land and never heard a single gobble. At about 10:30, we decided it was time to call it, and we headed toward the house. As we drove past one of the farms where we had previously listened that morning, we saw 5-6 birds in a field and 2 were obviously toms. We put a little game plan together and circled around behind them where we thought (hoped) that they would go. 30 min later, after a crazy hunt and a little help from a strutting decoy, a 13 yr old young man got his first bird!

That's a nice bird and congrats to your little buddy! How far off was he when your young'n laid the hammer down?

TurkeyBird

Oh yeah, the little man was fired up when he killed his bird! He made a great shot as well. The bird was 30-35 yds!

Congrats again Mike! I have to say, your entry pics are priceless! We are currently leading this thing with style points! :D

Gator8em

Oh yeah, the little man was fired up when he killed his bird! He made a great shot as well. The bird was 30-35 yds!

Congrats again Mike! I have to say, your entry pics are priceless! We are currently leading this thing with style points! :D

I do what I can. Im taking it to the next level if I kill another.