It's Topwater Tuesday w/video

Scout'nStripers

I did a little damage with the topwater this morning. It lasted about 2 hours tops and then it was over.

ALB

Nice! I wish I could catch fish like that. If I tried that same lure I bet I wouldn't catch one fish! LOL

Scout'nStripers

Nice! I wish I could catch fish like that. If I tried that same lure I bet I wouldn't catch one fish! LOL
You could catch them. I know it looks pretty easy but I'll be honest, a lot has to do with location and presentation timing. I'm constantly watching the creek for surfacing fish and at the same time I'm catching them I'm making a mental inventory of everywhere I see fish surface and I go to those areas. The fish aren't moving much so I can hit the same area I saw a fish come up 10 minutes later and probably get that same fish. If I see a fish surface in the immediate area I try and get to it as fast I can and generally I can get that fish to come back up right now. Other times of the year that doesn't happen.

Scout'nStripers

Mostly running around the south end of the lake, points and such...

fish hawk

Bass Master
Very nice,that last one was giving you all you wanted on that light spinning setup!!!

Scout'nStripers

Love poppers. What lake was this on if you don't mind sharing?
This was on Lake Lanier

Very nice,that last one was giving you all you wanted on that light spinning setup!!!
Man Hawk, I was getting dizzy. That striper was a nascar striper. It kept making left turns.

I wouldn't generally use 6lb flouro but I left my topwater rod in my buddies boat so I just tied the popper on my finesse rod to spice it up.

Scout'nStripers

AWESOME!! Love it that you are all over the green fish!!!
Man Jenn, I wish I was all over the green fish. It's a tournament weekend. The stripers stole the show today though.

Great video as always!

I love my emerald poppers!
Thanks Klag. Glad you like em. I'd like to catch a few topwater bass out of a kayak one day.

Spook

Good spot

We put trees all around that area for years, I lived around the back side for 15 years. When they stop topwater, break out a c rig green lizard. Also a good at night. Wish I was on the south end this time of year, up the Chestatee now. Have fun, Mark

Scout'nStripers

We put trees all around that area for years, I lived around the back side for 15 years. When they stop topwater, break out a c rig green lizard. Also a good at night. Wish I was on the south end this time of year, up the Chestatee now. Have fun, Mark
Thanks for the advice and putting those trees out Mark. I'm sure the bass appreciate it too. We've probably marked a few of your trees on gps over the years. I've probably got a few hundred brush piles marked in that area. A lot of the fish I'm catching are relating to the structure, both stripers and bass. Thanks again!

spots

Great Report as always and do you think your fish are Pre-spawn or Post-spawn???

Thanks,
Spots...

Scout'nStripers

I'm just glad I'm not the only one who reels on that side of a spinning reel.
Yep, I'm a lefty. I just wish I could throw overhand but my left shoulder has been reconstructed, I shattered both my clavicles and compressed about 4 vertebrae in my cervical spine from a bad fall so about the best I can do is side armed casts with the spinning gear.

Great Report as always and do you think your fish are Pre-spawn or Post-spawn???

Thanks,
Spots...
Spots, my guess is that these are all post spawn fish. I think a lot of these fished spawned a month back. I haven't seen a red tail in a while.

Last edited:
Topwater Tuesday

Jim I was out Tuesday morning and fish were active in southend creek near you also. I have been throwing emerald popper and cant get fish like you. I only could catch on bone redfin. What model rod and reel are you using?

Scout'nStripers

Great job Jim! Look forward to more videos!
Thanks Dustin. More to follow.

Jim I was out Tuesday morning and fish were active in southend creek near you also. I have been throwing emerald popper and cant get fish like you. I only could catch on bone redfin. What model rod and reel are you using?
I'm using a medium heavy BPS Extreme spinning rod and cheap Lew's Speed Spin.
The popper takes some practice. You just need to make it splash like a blueback getting chased by a bass and then wake it back. Once you get the hang of it and start catching them it will be a lot easier. That bone redfin works great also, as well as just about any bone topwater bait you can find. The bone Vixen and a bone spook and spook jr.