Team 4 "Feather Dusters"

Offroadtek

Thanks, hope you have a quick recovery.

hoppie

Time to get focused on filming others. Will share pics when get to a computer

hoppie

Let me know what you think guys. I took a few more pictures if these aren't right.

Had a couple hours before had to go to eye doctor, so decided to try a property I never really hunt. Bird was off the property a couple hundred yards and I was not real optimistic of pulling him to mine (narrow area to call bird to on edge of clearcut), but things worked out great. He was triple gobbling and going crazy early, but calmed down considerably off the roost. Next thing I know he gobbles less than 60 yards out and he comes out of the creek bottom and walks straight up the firebreak. Still can't believe it worked out. Been on 3 solo hunts and that was all she wrote.

Attachments

• thumbnail_image1.jpg
    thumbnail_image1.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 83
  • thumbnail_image2.jpg
    thumbnail_image2.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 84
  • thumbnail_image3.jpg
    thumbnail_image3.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 80

Offroadtek

Glad this year is working out for one of us. That's a nice bird.

Offroadtek

Thanks off-road. I still want that avatar!

Here is another option. Isn't this how they always look when heading straight to your call?
turkeywalk.gif

hoppie

Anyone still trying to scratch one up?

hoppie

It was all I could do to keep BkW from picking up a scattergun.
Her neck is better, but not sure she needs to try it out yet. :smash:

No worries. I just hate she hasn't been able to go this year, because every year you can see how much she enjoys it. Big thing is get that neck healed up.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
No worries. I just hate she hasn't been able to go this year, because every year you can see how much she enjoys it. Big thing is get that neck healed up.

I'm getting her a real turkey gun for next year. 20 ga. :flag:

Offroadtek

I'm still out a lot. Friday was an enjoyable day, just no bird killed. Watched 2 strut for a couple hours in a field. So frustrating to see birds on the other side of the field and no way to cross it.

Offroadtek

Is there still wildcard bird allowed?

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Is there still wildcard bird allowed?

Im changing it to a 6 bird limit per team with 1 wildcard bird included in that limit. I will edit the rules that are posted.

This is how I understand it. Hope this helps.

Gator8em

Yes

7. Each team will be granted one "wildcard" bird that does not fall under the "5 day rule" and/or can replace a previously entered bird. You get ONE....use it wisely. There will be a special "Wild Card" thread to post those turkeys in.

Offroadtek

Ok, I read it in the suggestion, but I couldn't find it in a quick search of the rules. I just wanted to make sure that Hoppies second bird could be used as a wildcard bird.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Ok, I read it in the suggestion, but I couldn't find it in a quick search of the rules. I just wanted to make sure that Hoppies second bird could be used as a wildcard bird.

No. It has all ready been used one time and DQed.