Team 5 "Waddle Whackers"

Triggerfinger_4

Glad to hear y'all are still in the birds. So far I've had better luck sealing the deal with someone else shooting... Managed to call in 4 that have died so far... But what's getting to me is my continued string of bad luck after I missed that bird early on.... My hunts have been fun yet extremely frustrating. In the last 3 weeks I've heard birds gobbling like crazy on a few different properties.

Worked a particular bird behind the house that I've been playing chess with all season long. He ALWAYS has hens. I'm not kidding apart from the fact that he roosts alone about 100 yards from the hens, I've never seen him or heard him without his harem. I've worked this bird in to 60 at 12:30 in the afternoon 3 days ago and he had 4 hens. Worked him 2 Friday's ago in to 30 yards at 7:40 am and he had 2 hens- one of which busted me as I was waiting for big boy to step out from behind the big oak tree. He'll gobble on his own in the afternoons and make you think he's lonely only to see him in the field with hens... To say I've gotten whooped is an understatement... Then there are the birds on another property that like to roost and gobble just across the lines, torturing my soul as i hopelessly beg for them to come across to my side. I'm hitting it hard. Ain't over till it's over

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Well I had an awesome hunt this morning, with the end result that bad sickening feeling, I had a bird I've been after for the last few times I've been hunting, took me til 10:45 and he popped up at 20yds , he caught me moving my gun about 3 in. , and it was over , maybe he will give me another chance !

20ty yards, maybe you need a bigger scope. Just a though. :biggrin3:

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
20ty yards, maybe you need a bigger scope. Just a though. :biggrin3:

Good idea kmac !!! Kind of what I thought, and u kinda sound like my dad , he just laughed and said he should of been dead before he ever got that close , but stuff happens !

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
Ant you need a gun like Kmac has. Just shoot in the general direction of the bird and take out the whole bird.Beard,spurs and feathers no matter the distance.:biggrin2:

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Ant you need a gun like Kmac has. Just shoot in the general direction of the bird and take out the whole bird.Beard,spurs and feathers no matter the distance.:biggrin2:

Don't forget to take the plug out.

Let's be honest for a sec. If Yall had killed as many turkeys as me with one gun. Folks be maken fun of Yall instead of me. :bounce:
That ol thing is super fast. :shoot:

I think ant will kill that bird this week. :fine:
GL

antharper

Staff member
Don't forget to take the plug out.

Let's be honest for a sec. If Yall had killed as many turkeys as me with one gun. Folks be maken fun of Yall instead of me. :bounce:
That ol thing is super fast. :shoot:

I think ant will kill that bird this week. :fine:
GL

I hope u rt kmac , I'm gonna be trying, I haven't been back since Monday, gonna try him again Friday, and I know how u feel about your gun , mines on its 26th season and may be its first without ending a turkeys life , but that's ok cause I've sure had fun trying!

antharper

Staff member
Oh and I'll leave the plug in , I've done tried to explain to mr green jeans one time why I didn't have a plug in , and it didn't work, lol

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
I hope you do get him Ant.

Bubba_1122

Good luck on him.

I'm probably headed to the woods in the morning for a little while.

Sure would like to whack a waddle. :bounce:

antharper

Staff member
Well I got a feeling in the morning is gonna be the morning, I got my number 1 guide my dad going with me we gonna double team him , hopefully 1 of us gets him ! Pictures to come ha ha !!!

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
That turkey just saw his last sunset. He better enjoy the sunrise cause it will be life's out early for him.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I apologize Ant. Had one at 30 plus. Just a head shot and let it go. Shoulda boomed it. Trying to get a better shot.
Good thing is neither of us is hurt.