What are your feelings on once saved always saved.

j_seph

My belief is that once saved always saved. Christ came once, died once for our sins.

centerpin fan

79393-DIS-GON-B-GUD-gif-l5DB.gif

MX5HIGH

Do feelings really matter? What does the word say?

Big7

The Oracle
Once saved is NOWHERE in the Bible..
KJV and variants.. Maybe.

A declaration is not enough.

I could declare I'm a rocket brain surgeon and that
would not make it true.

Faith without works is dead. (James)

hobbs27

If saved always saved. God doesn't make mistakes.

welderguy

Ephesians 4:30

And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

Philippians 1:6

Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

John 6:39

39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

John 10:28

And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

Romans 8:35-39

35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.

37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Artfuldodger

I have wondered what this means though;

Romans 11:20-22
20That is correct: They were broken off because of unbelief, but you stand by faith. Do not be arrogant, but be afraid. 21For if God did not spare the natural branches, He will not spare you either. 22Take notice, therefore, of the kindness and severity of God: severity to those who fell, but kindness to you, if you continue in His kindness. Otherwise you also will be cut off.

You've got this one group that was in but were broken off because of unbelief. Then another group that was out is now grafted in. If this group continues in their faith, they will remain in. But if they are arrogant, and don't remain in God's kindness. If they think they are "all that" because God hardened the first group to let them in, then they too can be "cut off."

"Cut off"

Then if the first group doesn't continue in their unbelief, they can be grafted back in again.

That's a lot of out, in, out, in for a once saved, always saved religion.

gordon 2

If today's saved people who return to the world for not caring to listen to our pastor's voice are still saved... that is, that God can not take away their lamp stand even if he wanted to because he has somehow promised osas , even to the saint that is stingy or miserly with love, guarded even of it as something not to trust or to mistrust in his life ( existance)... Yes osas!

Or simply if saved people decide that the church is a money racket as an excuse not to worship as members of the church or that they are going to do the best they can in a corrupt world without the humbug of the "church" and they are still saved... Yes osas.

Or if saved people knowingly make evil to seem good for motives that do not glorify God... and they are still saved...
Yes osas. Of course.

Or if people who said that they thought that they were saved once, but now don't believe in God or they "don't believe in anything" including the need for salvation... are still saved. Yes osas.

Those are some of my "feelings" on it.

:pop:

Last edited:

j_seph

Ephesians 4:30

And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

Philippians 1:6

Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

John 6:39

39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

John 10:28

And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

Romans 8:35-39

35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.

37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Thank you

Artfuldodger

What separates the Sheep from the Goats? Something about feeding and helping poor people but maybe that has nothing to do with salvation. It could be just a parable about something else.

Artfuldodger

1 Timothy 4:1
Now the Spirit expressly says that in later times some will depart from the faith by devoting themselves to deceitful spirits and teachings of demons,

Matthew 7:21
“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

hobbs27

John 3:15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

Eternal means forever.right?

Israel

BANNED
I have wondered what this means though;

Romans 11:20-22
20That is correct: They were broken off because of unbelief, but you stand by faith. Do not be arrogant, but be afraid. 21For if God did not spare the natural branches, He will not spare you either. 22Take notice, therefore, of the kindness and severity of God: severity to those who fell, but kindness to you, if you continue in His kindness. Otherwise you also will be cut off.

You've got this one group that was in but were broken off because of unbelief. Then another group that was out is now grafted in. If this group continues in their faith, they will remain in. But if they are arrogant, and don't remain in God's kindness. If they think they are "all that" because God hardened the first group to let them in, then they too can be "cut off."

"Cut off"

Then if the first group doesn't continue in their unbelief, they can be grafted back in again.

That's a lot of out, in, out, in for a once saved, always saved religion.

I would doubt deeply that statement if it means this: That those "in" believe God hardened what you call the first group to let them in.
Now if it means (if indeed any of the "they" be "in") that ignorant of God's work in hardening and showing mercy, they believed themselves "all that", I could more easily understand.
Do you see?
If one is actually aware that was is "in" because it is solely upon the work of God...any pride about being "in", must be abolished. Would be abolished, for he would have to discover his "in-ness" was never anything of his own work, will, or desire, but all dependent upon God who has shown him mercy.

"Will" worship done in ignorance has a remedy. Jesus spoke of it. Continuing in his word. For what a man starts of his own will, he must sustain of his own will, and he will soon find, such is insufficient to the presence of God in Christ.

welderguy

What separates the Sheep from the Goats? Something about feeding and helping poor people but maybe that has nothing to do with salvation. It could be just a parable about something else.

This is what separates.It's all about whether God ordained it or not.

Acts 13:48

48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and AS MANY AS WERE ORDAINED to eternal life believed.

This verse is just as important as John 3:16,but folks hardly ever quote it.It's always just John 3:16.

formula1

Daily Bible Verse Organizer
If I were to say I believed in Christ and yet not walk in Him, would what I say matter at all? In other words, is that Love? Is that repentance? Is that abiding? Is that walking with Him? What does saying do if it is not followed with action?

One who realizes the great mercy and love God has granted freely to him is never the same. Ever!

Those who are being transformed by His Love are OSAS!

There is clear evidence of salvation. One who loves makes decisions to please the Lord he loves and feels the conviction of the Lord when God's will and his own don't match. Instead of being a slave to sin, you are convicted when you do sin and have become a slave to the righteousness of God.

One who does not love and does not live to please the Lord is not saved. He feels no conviction and sin still is his master.

I hope though that anyone who reads these scriptures might see just how much God loved us and gave for us that we might become His! I only encourage everyone to fall in love with the Lord! He is worthy!

Romans 3
21 But now the righteousness of God has been manifested apart from the law, although the Law and the Prophets bear witness to it— 22 the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all who believe. For there is no distinction: 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 and are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, 25 whom God put forward as a propitiation by his blood, to be received by faith. This was to show God's righteousness, because in his divine forbearance he had passed over former sins. 26 It was to show his righteousness at the present time, so that he might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.

Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Ephesians 2
4 But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, 5 even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ—by grace you have been saved— 6 and raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, 7 so that in the coming ages he might show the immeasurable riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. 8 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, 9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast. 10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.

Artfuldodger

Matt 6:14-15
14 "For if you forgive men for their transgressions, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.
15 "But if you do not forgive men, then your Father will not forgive your transgressions.

Artfuldodger

The following is from the Old Testament. Now we know that not sinning never saved anyone. That salvation has always been by grace.
So what does the following mean passage mean?

Ezek 18:23-28
23 Do I take any pleasure in the death of the wicked? declares the Sovereign LORD. Rather, am I not pleased when they turn from their ways and live?
24 "But if a righteous man turns from his righteousness and commits sin and does the same detestable things the wicked man does, will he live? None of the righteous things he has done will be remembered. Because of the unfaithfulness he is guilty of and because of the sins he has committed, he will die.
25 "Yet you say, 'The way of the Lord is not just.' Hear, O house of Israel: Is my way unjust? Is it not your ways that are unjust?
26 If a righteous man turns from his righteousness and commits sin, he will die for it; because of the sin he has committed he will die.
27 But if a wicked man turns away from the wickedness he has committed and does what is just and right, he will save his life.
28 Because he considers all the offenses he has committed and turns away from them, he will surely live; he will not die.

j_seph

1 Timothy 4:1
Now the Spirit expressly says that in later times some will depart from the faith by devoting themselves to deceitful spirits and teachings of demons,
My take on this is if you read on into this in We are being told that people will do as it says in 1-3 "
Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

<sup class="versenum">2 </sup>Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
<sup class="versenum">3 </sup>Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth."

When we get on down it tells us as Christians what we should do

4:6 it says"<sup class="versenum"> </sup>If thou put the brethren in remembrance of these things, thou shalt be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished up in the words of faith and of good doctrine, whereunto thou hast attained."

and on down into 14-16 "
<sup class="versenum">14 </sup>Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery.
<sup class="versenum">15 </sup>Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all.
<sup class="versenum">16 </sup>Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee."

This is part of our works, that we do as we are commanded, for in doing so shalt save thyself and them that hear thee. Brings to my thought as well
Matthew 18:16-17
<sup class="versenum">16 </sup>But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.
<sup class="versenum">17 </sup>And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.