Amicalola wading after rain

Lman1997

I was wanting to wade fish amicalola above. Hwy 53 on Wednesday, I was looking to see how much the water rises there and how fast t will be moving, we are supposed to get a quarter inch Today any help is appreciated

TheTroutWhisperer

No more rain than we have had I think it will not rise much at all. I have fished there twice since the DH started and I wish it would rise a bit. It really fished great for me both times. I fished both sections, steel bridge and 53.

Lman1997

No more rain than we have had I think it will not rise much at all. I have fished there twice since the DH started and I wish it would rise a bit. It really fished great for me both times. I fished both sections, steel bridge and 53.

Sounds like it's still fishing good, were they going after naturals yet, or were they still on the flashy eaters

TheTroutWhisperer

They were really going after a girdle bug for me. I had a piece of shot above it to get it down. I used a golden jigstone in faster water.

TheTroutWhisperer

I'm going to give the AMI a go at first light in the morning. With the warm weather I expect it to get crowded pretty quick... Haven't fished over there since mid December.

TheTroutWhisperer

After years of hearing there are no browns in the AMI I found out first hand there are. Glad I had a witness, there was another gentlemen on the other side of the stream as I almost had it to hand I told him it was a brown.. I kept staring at it just to be sure. I lifted it up to look at it and show him and he was also very surprised. Sorry I did not keep it long enough to snap a photo. It wasn't a dinker either, it was 16-17". Later that day I got checked by the DNR and told him I caught a brown, he agreed there are a few in there. As far as a report the fishing was good in the deeper water if you could get down to them. I never even went up to the steel bridge as the fishing at 53 was steady all morning. Nothing big but probably caught 25 or so in the 11-15" range.