Butch Jones says "We're Back"..

BuckNasty83

Butch is on the short side of the job clock and thinks hyping their hopes for this season will buy him some time.

I wonder who the new head coach will be in the fall?
He's got to say something. He mentioned having to pass up on some talent because of academics and or trouble.

Even as goofy as some of the stuff he says is, he is correct. All the talent in the world won't do you no good if you can't pass your classes, or jail bound.

Where not in bad as shape talent wise as some seem to think, though. But if Butch gets canned, I'd love for us to back the brinks truck up to Bobby and do whatever it takes to get him. I think for once, we will be able to find a coach without a rush and have talent on the team at the same time fire the new guy. Won't owe other coaches and will be in better standing than previous years that landed us Dooley and Butch. Not to mention new AD and Chancellor, etc.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !

Gold Ranger

Wrong. Your not ranked by number, your ranked by the top 15 or so players. You star gazers are funny. According to ESPN, we got the #1 overall player in this class. But ESPN will be garbage cause it don't fit people's agenda here.

Whatever yall want to rank everyone, we got some studs to go with the studs on the team

The number of players does figure into the rankings, too. You do get credit for those three star recruits. It's like having enough dollar bills will add up to as much as 1 ten dollar bill.

Example:

Clemson's class this year is ranked 18th with and average player rating of 91.64

Tennessee's class is ranked 11th with an average player rating of 87.61.

Why is Tennessee rated higher? Because they signed 28 players to Clemson's 14.

Gold Ranger

Where not in bad as shape talent wise as some seem to think, though.

There's still enough talent there to have a winning program, but you're not going to have an elite program if the next couple of classes look like this one.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
If you can recruit in the top 20 you can be competitive. Prolly not gonna beat Bama often, but who is?

Browning Slayer

If you can recruit in the top 20 you can be competitive. Prolly not gonna beat Bama often, but who is?

Go Dawgs 2017.. :biggrin2::biggrin2:

BuckNasty83

The number of players does figure into the rankings, too. You do get credit for those three star recruits. It's like having enough dollar bills will add up to as much as 1 ten dollar bill.

Example:

Clemson's class this year is ranked 18th with and average player rating of 91.64

Tennessee's class is ranked 11th with an average player rating of 87.61.

Why is Tennessee rated higher? Because they signed 28 players to Clemson's 14.
https://www.google.com/amp/syndicat...ked.amp.html?client=ms-android-hms-tmobile-us

Browning Slayer

POWER 5, not Ivy League

I love how you spin it to fit your narrative and if that's the case the Vols still aren't in the top 10. And UGA is right behind you.. So what is it? You say UGA is not relevant but yet we are right behind you in wins? So... UGA is a powerhouse too?

Heck, FSU is behind the Vols in total wins so I guess they wouldn't be considered a POWERHOUSE either?

What's the spin going to be now?facepalm:

Gold Ranger

I love how you spin it to fit your narrative and if that's the case the Vols still aren't in the top 10. And UGA is right behind you.. So what is it? You say UGA is not relevant but yet we are right behind you in wins? So... UGA is a powerhouse too?

Heck, FSU is behind the Vols in total wins so I guess they wouldn't be considered a POWERHOUSE either?

We had to give them a head start. We didn't start playing until 1947 and didn't start trying until 1976.

One thing I can say, though. I've never witnessed a losing season of FSU football.

Browning Slayer

BuckNasty83

Power 5 was in my op. You actually quoted it. How is that a spin?

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

Browning Slayer

Power 5 was in my op. You actually quoted it. How is that a spin?

Spinning is what you were going to do with the rest of my post..
the Vols still aren't in the top 10. And UGA is right behind you.. So what is it? You say UGA is not relevant but yet we are right behind you in wins? So... UGA is a powerhouse too?

So, let's hear it..

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
He's got to say something. He mentioned having to pass up on some talent because of academics and or trouble.

Even as goofy as some of the stuff he says is, he is correct. All the talent in the world won't do you no good if you can't pass your classes, or jail bound.

Where not in bad as shape talent wise as some seem to think, though. But if Butch gets canned, I'd love for us to back the brinks truck up to Bobby and do whatever it takes to get him. I think for once, we will be able to find a coach without a rush and have talent on the team at the same time fire the new guy. Won't owe other coaches and will be in better standing than previous years that landed us Dooley and Butch. Not to mention new AD and Chancellor, etc.

Paul Johnson recruits the same way, if that tells you anything. :rofl:

BuckNasty83

Spinning is what you were going to do with the rest of my post..

So, let's hear it..
I hate GA, BUT I respect UGA football . They have the potential to be contenenders, year in and year out. I've never really considered them a powerhouse though. Just a solid team with potential. most of my 34 years, they haven't really been that relevant until recently. They are a household name, sure, but not at the level maybe they should be when talking powerhouses.

UT was top 10 until recent years. It's not a secret. We fell off the map after the Fulmer years (past decade). But I think (until recently ) when a person thinks of Tennessee football, they will remember our dominant days. UT has fielded done of the greatest teams in CFB history, some of the greatest players and coaches. 98 might sound like a long time ago, but it really wasn't. If you ask some, the UT/Bama rival made the sec. Sure GA/Auburn is special too.

I dunno man. GA just doesn't fit. Don't mean they never will be. They are certainly a solid program. I know, I know UT has fallen from greatness, but we are still an ALL-TIME Great who has went through an unfortunate decade. Things are changing

Madsnooker

One of my sons buddys is a huge Tennessee fan and every time he comes by my office, he tells me how great UT is. Hes 20 years old, and a great kid, but I give him a hard time about UT. The other day he tells me, "Butch is the Man and has another great recruiting class, just like OSU this year"!!!
I said, "what"? He then repeats it again. I burst out laughin and pull up the rankings real quick and asked him to start at the top and stop me when he sees OSU, then start counting again, and stop when he sees UT. He immediately says, "Oh, you can't go by that because Tennessee's recruits cant be judged on their ranking, because when Butch gets done with them, they will be like 5*s!!!" I laterally spit tea all over my desk laughing. He never cracked a smile.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

BuckNasty83

One of my sons buddys is a huge Tennessee fan and every time he comes by my office, he tells me how great UT is. Hes 20 years old, and a great kid, but I give him a hard time about UT. The other day he tells me, "Butch is the Man and has another great recruiting class, just like OSU this year"!!!
I said, "what"? He then repeats it again. I burst out laughin and pull up the rankings real quick and asked him to start at the top and stop me when he sees OSU, then start counting again, and stop when he sees UT. He immediately says, "Oh, you can't go by that because Tennessee's recruits cant be judged on their ranking, because when Butch gets done with them, they will be like 5*s!!!" I laterally spit tea all over my desk laughing. He never cracked a smile.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

That's funny. Kids dad must be the Slayer of UT ;)

elfiii

Admin
Staff member